AX8- How do I turn off cab sim globally

I run this into the effects return of my Boogie MkIV (like a power amp) thru a recto 4x12...Is there a way to just turn off cab sim? Sounds like it's in a tunnel.. I doin't understand the whole block thing, ther e must be away to just turn it off? Yes? Please help! I'm having a hard time loving this thing..so far, just "m'ehh"...Im sure it's my lack of knowing what Im doing..

OK..so I tried following these what seem to be easy instructions, but I cannot even seem to pull up a "Global menu"..just pulls up presets OR the ability to edit that preset..can't seem to get to the menu.. WTH?!?!?!?!

OK..so I tried following these what seem to be easy instructions, but I cannot even seem to pull up a "Global menu"..just pulls up presets OR the ability to edit that preset..can't seem to get to the menu.. WTH?!?!?!?!
1)from front panel, hit shift, then store/setup
The setup menu should now appear
2)using rotary knob E, turn to highlight 1:global....then hit enter
3) using rotary E scroll one down to CABINET MODELING
4USING ROTARY D, turn to disable(bypassed)
Hit EXIT twice

Last edited:
No problem. Got it sorted? BTW on the forum here if you want to address another member directly, put the @ in front of their username, nd they will get an alert.. @steve bernstein

I run this into the effects return of my Boogie MkIV (like a power amp) thru a recto 4x12...Is there a way to just turn off cab sim? Sounds like it's in a tunnel.. I doin't understand the whole block thing, ther e must be away to just turn it off? Yes? Please help! I'm having a hard time loving this thing..so far, just "m'ehh"...Im sure it's my lack of knowing what Im doing..

You will want to disable both the power amp and cabinet modeling.

Press Shift > Setup on the right.
Under Global press enter
You will see power amp modeling and cabinet modeling.
I suggest turning both of these off.
User E. to scroll between the settings user A. to change the values.

Also sell your amp you don't need it anymore........ ;)

Yes it's me! Is that you Scott H? This FAS stuff is not the most intuitive.... Thank you bradlake and skategeezer...Scrolling through all the presets...as expected, some sound great, some awful LOL..Now it's just a matter of tweaking a decent sounding presets

Back
Top Bottom