AX8 + HotTone - Soul Press Expression Pedal

Sharka

Experienced
Picked up one of these (Soul Press Expression Pedal) , but had no luck getting it to work with the AX8. I assume it's just not compatible, being it barley moves the calibration meter in the AX8.

Just curious if anyone else had any better luck or advice...?

Whatever the case, it's cool little wah to throw in a gig bag... but I much would rather use it as an expression pedal with the AX8.

Cheers

http://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/press/Volume_Expression_Wah_Wah_Pedal/75.html

I have never seen one of these but Are you trying to use it in exp mode? are you using a trs cable? have you adjusted the control range. If none of that works, it should work in volume mode with an insert cable.

I have never seen one of these but Are you trying to use it in exp mode? are you using a trs cable? have you adjusted the control range. If none of that works, it should work in volume mode with an insert cable.

Yes, used trs cable... even in volume mode with insert cable.

As mentioned, it seems like it want's to work, but barley any travel on the calibration meter.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The instructions say to hit the footswitch if it fails to work as an expression pedal--have you tried that?

Danny W.

This thread got me thinking...why not use a dedicated wah with the AX8, thereby reducing CPU issues?

The wah block takes very little cpu. Personally, I use wah too little to carry a dedicated wah.

tumblr_m6iod70pFl1qjxn0no4_500.jpg

tumblr_m6iod70pFl1qjxn0no9_1280.png

I just bought a Fractal AX8 and I have a Hotone Soulpress, which is a pretty underrated pedal considering it is a 3 in 1 Wah/ Volume/ Expression with a small pedal board footprint I did get it to work with my AX8, just plugged in and it worked for wah, expression for delay, and volume. I used a TRS cable and didn't have to power it... it has a cool blue light under the throw which may make me get a onespot to plug it in (no battery).

I plan on switching to something bigger now that I have room on my board but I had no issues.

I use my Hotone Soulpress as expression pedal, so it's always on. I unscrew the switch below to prevent it to go off. Since then I also bought the Dunlop DVP4, which I prefer for sensitive volume pedaling. The range is a little wider, the pedal is a tiny heavier & bigger, which makes a better feel. But the Hotone Soulpress stays perfect for delays & reverb control.

Back
Top Bottom