AX8 Help for a new user - Presets

Random Hero

Inspired
Hi guys

I just purchased an AX8 as my small/fly/grab and go rig and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction here.
For the last few years my main rig has been a Kemper (is that a dirty word here?) and on almost every bank, I have either a Deluxe Reverb, AC30 or something similar as patch 1, my clean sound. Then from there it could be whatever for dirt, whether it's a Marshall, Friedman, Bogner, whatever. Normally presets 1-5 just get dirtier as they go, and sometimes switch amps.

How do I go about this on the AX8? I don't think Scenes can do this right? Can X/Y switch amp models?

Any help would be great on the best way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Normally presets 1-5 just get dirtier as they go, and sometimes switch amps.

How do I go about this on the AX8?
You can make presets with the different amps as you mentioned in the order you mentioned. XY can toggle between 2 amps in the same preset, or just 2 different settings of the same amp.

Ok cool. I've been messing around with it this morning, and it's great.

Question though, say I turn a tremolo on when I'm on my clean, on scene 1, then go to scene 2, how do I make it revert to the original non-tremolo version of scene 1 when I go back?

Just switch to scene two, bypass/engage whatever you want then save.

So if the trem is engaged in scene 1, then switch to scene 2 and bypass it then save.

You can also use scene controllers and set them to control gain or other parameters so you have different values per scene

If you don't want the scene to "remember" changes, go to the global menus and turn on scene revert.

For me the scenes made more sense with scene revert turned on.

Look at page 44 in the manual for more info

Back
Top Bottom