AX8 - Global EQ Question

EVHalen

Inspired
First of all, will the AX8 give us the option to "Copy OUT 1>OUT 2" like the Axe-Fx II does?

And now my main question, (assuming that the answer to the previous question is "yes")... Will the AX8 have 2 independent Global EQ’s for OUTPUT 1 and OUTPUT 2, like the Axe-Fx II does?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this! :)

Last edited:
I think the bigger question is Mark I & II compatibility.... I would think the XL and XL+ are a given....Just guessing of course. XL+ here.

My guess is that presets made on the AX8 will maybe work on the II, but not the other way around. Or it won't be any compatibility at all.

AX8 will not have the same number of blocks and types as the Axe-Fx, at least that's what we know so far. So presets probably won't be directly compatible since the Axe preset can have blocks that the AX8 doesn't have.

We should find out more soon.

Cliff: "There will be block compatibility between the Axe-Fx and the AX-8 meaning you can copy blocks from your Axe-Fx presets into the AX-8."

It's worth emphasizing this: *Blocks* will be compatible, *Presets* (a collection of blocks) will not, at least as far as we know now. Blocks will be running the same internal code in both units, presets would necessarily have different/incompatible structures.

So, it appears you could rebuild an AxeFX preset by exporting the relevant blocks from the AxeFX and then importing them into an AX8.

TT

It's worth emphasizing this: *Blocks* will be compatible, *Presets* (a collection of blocks) will not, at least as far as we know now. Blocks will be running the same internal code in both units, presets would necessarily have different/incompatible structures.

So, it appears you could rebuild an AxeFX preset by exporting the relevant blocks from the AxeFX and then importing them into an AX8.

TT

That's what I think. Especially via Axe Edit.
I have started to build myself a block library. It's a very useful thing to have anyway and I use it when building presets. I figure it will also serve when AX8 is released.

Back
Top Bottom