AX8 Freezing/Locking Up at Gigs

guitarist4life

Hi all, first post here. I've been gigging every weekend with my AX8 for about a year now.
I love the unit but I've been having some freezing issues during gigs and can't seem to figure out why.

I have a few presets I use throughout a 3 hour show. But at any given moment I can switch scenes on a preset or an effect and all of a sudden the unit doesn't allow me to do anything and freezes on whatever scene I'm on at that moment. I have to turn the unit off and on to get it to work again. This happens at least once or twice at every single gig. Sometimes it will allow me to switch to one scene or one effect like delay or chorus while other switches won't work at all. Other times the entire preset is locked up on the current setting I'm on when it freezes.

I have done all the updates for ax8-edit, the Ax8 itself, latest firmware etc...Its not a power issue as this happens at various venues around town with conditioned power etc...I also don't use any midi, expression pedals, etc...there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to when this happens. I have emailed customer support but wanted to reach out to the group in case anyone else has had this issue and was able to solve it.

Does this happen within a specific preset or switching to a specific preset? It sounds like a corrupt preset, but honestly, anything is game. I'd post the firmware rev you are on, rather than saying "latest". Also, sounds like you have nothing attached to the unit at all except XLR cables?

I'm on firmware Quantum 9.04. XLR L&R to FOH, 1/4 L&R to stage, wireless unit to guitar IN. It doesn't happen on one specific preset. It has locked up on 2-3 different presets thus far. I don't know if its possible but it seems like when I am making several switches in rapid succession or catch a couple switches by accident nearly simultaneously it has a tendency to freeze more often.

I would try rebuilding each preset from scratch. No copying blocks. Also, post the 2 or 3 presets and maybe someone here can reproduce the problem.

Back
Top Bottom