AX8 Freezing Forcing Restart. Please Help.

WillRo

Hey everyone. On 4 different occasions live and in the studio I've had my AX8 freeze up forcing me to restart in the middle of a show or recording. Has anyone else had this issue and have a fix? Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

This is not normal behavior so you’ll have to tell us a little bit more detail about what you were doing when it froze.

Never had it freeze up, but: since it's software: I suggest reinstalling the firmware, and make sure to let it update all the preset and IR libraries etc.

I once had some quirky behavior using a couple of presets (with amp block advanced parameter tweaks) built in firmware 7 or 8? reused in 9.xx; to fix it: I reset the amp and cab block in those presets to default and rebuilt them in place - everything worked fine. No problems with 10.01 whatever.

Last edited:
I only had this happen about 4-5 times, and on most of the cases i had my ipad connected running fracpad. After disconnecting the ipad and restarting the ax8, runs with no issues.
If your running a patch thats running on 85 or more cpu it can cause problems as well, this has happened to me too.

I once had some quirky behavior using a couple of presets (with amp block advanced parameter tweaks) built in firmware 7 or 8? reused in 9.xx; to fix it: I reset the amp and cab block in those presets to default and rebuilt them in place - everything worked fine. No problems with 10.01 whatever.

This is what I would do to try and isolate the issue; I'd start with a fresh preset/block instances and re-create the presets, or maybe just a couple to test with. I generally never carried over presets/blocks, particularly the AMP and CAB block, across firmware updates to ensure that everything is 'clean'.

Back
Top Bottom