• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

AX8 Freezing Forcing Restart. Please Help.

WillRo

Hey everyone. On 4 different occasions live and in the studio I've had my AX8 freeze up forcing me to restart in the middle of a show or recording. Has anyone else had this issue and have a fix? Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

chris

Legend!
This is not normal behavior so you’ll have to tell us a little bit more detail about what you were doing when it froze.

soheil

Power User
Yes I had this one as well. But it's so random and I can't pin point why it happens. Just to confirm that this actually happens.

artzeal

Experienced
Never had it freeze up, but: since it's software: I suggest reinstalling the firmware, and make sure to let it update all the preset and IR libraries etc.

I once had some quirky behavior using a couple of presets (with amp block advanced parameter tweaks) built in firmware 7 or 8? reused in 9.xx; to fix it: I reset the amp and cab block in those presets to default and rebuilt them in place - everything worked fine. No problems with 10.01 whatever.

Last edited:

moises medina

I only had this happen about 4-5 times, and on most of the cases i had my ipad connected running fracpad. After disconnecting the ipad and restarting the ax8, runs with no issues.
If your running a patch thats running on 85 or more cpu it can cause problems as well, this has happened to me too.

Stratoblaster

Fractal Fanatic
I once had some quirky behavior using a couple of presets (with amp block advanced parameter tweaks) built in firmware 7 or 8? reused in 9.xx; to fix it: I reset the amp and cab block in those presets to default and rebuilt them in place - everything worked fine. No problems with 10.01 whatever.

This is what I would do to try and isolate the issue; I'd start with a fresh preset/block instances and re-create the presets, or maybe just a couple to test with. I generally never carried over presets/blocks, particularly the AMP and CAB block, across firmware updates to ensure that everything is 'clean'.

Top Bottom