Bug? AX8 Freakout

ssmorga78

Experienced
OK, well just had a freak out on the AX8. Allen Stone and myself we're messing around with it today because he is thinking about pulling the trigger on one. Well, he was tweaking a patch on the unit itself and everything was going fine, but after about 15-20 minutes of tweaking the AX8 went CRAZY! The patch went blank, it started changing presets on its on, etc.. So I tried going to another preset, kept doing the same thing. Went back to the preset he was tweaking, started doing the same thing again, so I shut the AX8 down and started it back up. It started off doing the same thing again, but I swapped to a previously saved preset and everything went back to normal, but all the tweaks we're gone that he had made.
Anyone else have this happen to them yet? I'm running 3.04 and have never had this issue happen before. Needless to say, it has me a little worried.

OK, well just had a freak out on the AX8. Allen Stone and myself we're messing around with it today because he is thinking about pulling the trigger on one. Well, he was tweaking a patch on the unit itself and everything was going fine, but after about 15-20 minutes of tweaking the AX8 went CRAZY! The patch went blank, it started changing presets on its on, etc.. So I tried going to another preset, kept doing the same thing. Went back to the preset he was tweaking, started doing the same thing again, so I shut the AX8 down and started it back up. It started off doing the same thing again, but I swapped to a previously saved preset and everything went back to normal, but all the tweaks we're gone that he had made.
Anyone else have this happen to them yet? I'm running 3.04 and have never had this issue happen before. Needless to say, it has me a little worried.
let's go straight to support with this one please. contact support@fractalaudio.com and send that preset if possible. let us know if you had AX8-Edit open or any other details. thanks.

a little bit off topic, but as soon as I upgraded the firmware on the AX8, and the screen on it said to power it off for 5 seconds, my computer blue screened when I powered the AX8 off.
Everything came up ok, and this is the first time that has happened.

I think in the future I will disconnect the USB cable when the AX8 screen prompts to power off to complete update.

let's go straight to support with this one please. contact support@fractalaudio.com and send that preset if possible. let us know if you had AX8-Edit open or any other details. thanks.

I haven't been able to replicate it, even on the same patch. I messed around with it for about another hour and it never happened again...of course I was using AX8 Edit the second time around. I'm gonna try editing on the AX8 alone again later tonight to see if it happens again.

i'll try to do some hardware only intense testing tonight. did that during the beta and didn't experience what you described (of course) :)

it still would help me out if you send the preset you were working on when it happened if you can remember. put it here or through support. thanks.

I haven't been able to replicate it, even on the same patch. I messed around with it for about another hour and it never happened again...of course I was using AX8 Edit the second time around. I'm gonna try editing on the AX8 alone again later tonight to see if it happens again.

i'll try to do some hardware only intense testing tonight. did that during the beta and didn't experience what you described (of course) :)

it still would help me out if you send the preset you were working on when it happened if you can remember. put it here or through support. thanks.

Will do Chris, as soon as I get back home this evening. We we're kinda curious if it might have been a short term memory issue because we had made a bunch of tweaks without hitting save. I normally save directly after making a few changes, but at the point it did it this afternoon I believe there had been numerous changes to about half the blocks in the signal chain without anything being saved along the way.

Back
Top Bottom