FS AX8 for Sale - $100,000,000

Isn’t that pretty much the definition of holding value?
I said "listed" not selling, or sold. People can list for what they want, does not mean it will sell.

I have been in this game since the standard, and its no different now. People are unaware of when the waiting list ends for the newer units, and people over price their stuff in an attempt to not take much loss, or mark up the wait list item for some extra cash if they are not keeping it.

In "computer" tech, you will experience loss on your outdated (not the latest greatest) hardware. Buying Fractal Audio products can be a real roller coaster of prices....depending on what is available, and of coarse the market around the globe.

Fractal products are always inflated on ebay, reverb, and places due to the global market, not local free market. It is what it is. Then you have people who understand this and sell accordingly with a small loss. It is a free country ask for what you want for your units......but as a buyer.......ALWAYS check the status of the "in stock" inventory, and what the units are selling for on numerous forums.

I'm in the market for one and I've noticed this too lately. I had to sell my first AX8 and I did sell it for more than the new price, but I included an new SKB case, which was a nice extra. I don't get how people are asking more for a used AX8 than you can get one for directly from Fractal. It seems like most of them are priced this way; like they stopped making them or something. It's ridiculous.

I'm in the market for one and I've noticed this too lately. I had to sell my first AX8 and I did sell it for more than the new price, but I included an new SKB case, which was a nice extra. I don't get how people are asking more for a used AX8 than you can get one for directly from Fractal. It seems like most of them are priced this way; like they stopped making them or something. It's ridiculous.
They are out of stock now. So I get why NOW they would sell for more. But again the overseas market seems to drive this craze when they are in stock. Just sucks for us in the US...but not as bad for the overseas that have to pay twice the cost!

The official distributor in Thailand is selling the AX8 for $1,500. Imagine what you would have to pay at countries with no distributor.

I've paid $3,399 for an Axe-FX III on Reverb, shipped to Thailand. :oops: (and I have been very lucky that I was not charged import duty and taxes on arrival). The Axe-FX III will not be available in Thailand until 2019, and the distributor is requesting advanced payment of 50% to be on the waiting list.

This is what happens with products that do not have normal distribution channels and stock: SPECULATION. Opportunist guys subscribe early at the US waiting list and, once they got it, they sell it overpriced internationally. That is how I got my Axe-FX II also (the Standard and the Ultra were kindly sent to me from the US, without extra charges, by friendly members of the old forum, before the Axe was popular).

Last edited:
I’m guessing this has the original first issue DSP chips, JRC4558 op amps and orange drop caps throughout. These sound much better than the stuff Fractal is churning out now. I would avoid it though if the firmware isn’t the original version :)

Back
Top Bottom