AX8 for "backline provided" gigs... perffect!

LostInSpace

Inspired
I usually run my AxeII rig with a feed to my power amp and cab onstage. We were scheduled to play a huge multi-band benefit where the contract specified use of the venue's provided backline only to minimize changeover time between bands. We don't normally do "backline provided" shows, so I wasn't sure what I was going to do. My AX8 had just arrived, so... a few hours programing it, sounded just like my AxeII. Brought it to the show, plugged right from out2 to the provided amp's effects return, and did the show. Five minutes of setup, and all the sounds I'm used to were tjere. What a great piece of gear. Well done, FAS!

I usually run my AxeII rig with a feed to my power amp and cab onstage. We were scheduled to play a huge multi-band benefit where the contract specified use of the venue's provided backline only to minimize changeover time between bands. We don't normally do "backline provided" shows, so I wasn't sure what I was going to do. My AX8 had just arrived, so... a few hours programing it, sounded just like my AxeII. Brought it to the show, plugged right from out2 to the provided amp's effects return, and did the show. Five minutes of setup, and all the sounds I'm used to were tjere. What a great piece of gear. Well done, FAS!
I've not messed with output 2 - does it automatically just send effects and amp with cab disabled?

My patches are set up so that Out1 goes direct to FOH, and Out2 goes to a power amp and cab on stage for monitoring. To do that, you use the FX Loop block placed before your Cab, which I have last in the chain. One gotcha is that on the AX8 the FX Loop block has to be placed in a parallel row, unlike the AxeFxII where it can be in series (it's in the manual, I just missed it at first). I wasn't able to run direct at that show, so it was great to be able to use Out2 to go to the real amp's effects return on stage and get my usual tones.

My patches are set up so that Out1 goes direct to FOH, and Out2 goes to a power amp and cab on stage for monitoring. To do that, you use the FX Loop block placed before your Cab, which I have last in the chain. One gotcha is that on the AX8 the FX Loop block has to be placed in a parallel row, unlike the AxeFxII where it can be in series (it's in the manual, I just missed it at first). I wasn't able to run direct at that show, so it was great to be able to use Out2 to go to the real amp's effects return on stage and get my usual tones.

I use what Joe described above, "Or use the "OUT 2 (FX SEND) ECHO" parameter in the I/O->AUDIO menu". Thus, no FX Loop block required. Simply, Out1 to FOH, and Out2 to an on-stage amp, powered monitor, etc.

Back
Top Bottom