AX8 FootSwitches not responding....

guitarno

Experienced
So I loaded the AX8 3.02 update yesterday, and everything seemed good. I worked on a few presets, one being one that I may use for an acoustic guitar part. It was working fine yesterday. I have 5 scenes and a few blocks assigned to the footswitches. Tonight I am using it and I'm in scene 1 (FS 1) and when I hit FS 2 for scene 2, it doesn't switch. I push FS 2, nothing happens - no light, no change in sound nothing.

I kept trying it. Turned it off and back on - no change. Then changed to scene 5 (SW 5), and back and after that now it seems normal.

Anyone else have sporadic failure on any footswitches?

So I loaded the AX8 3.02 update yesterday, and everything seemed good. I worked on a few presets, one being one that I may use for an acoustic guitar part. It was working fine yesterday. I have 5 scenes and a few blocks assigned to the footswitches. Tonight I am using it and I'm in scene 1 (FS 1) and when I hit FS 2 for scene 2, it doesn't switch. I push FS 2, nothing happens - no light, no change in sound nothing.

I kept trying it. Turned it off and back on - no change. Then changed to scene 5 (SW 5), and back and after that now it seems normal.

Anyone else have sporadic failure on any footswitches?

Yes!!!!!!! I had this issue and thought I was all alone. I have a video of it happening and, now that you are reporting it, I know I'm not crazy!!! It happened to me during a set at church and I had it on a scene with a heavy vibrato for a very specific part so my sound was useless for the rest of the set. I couldn't get it to switch for anything, even after turning it off and back on. It hasn't happened since...

Very strange switch behavior! I definitely don't want that to crop up in mid performance! Good to hear it hasn't happened again to you. I'm going to have to keep a close watch on this to see if it repeats and try to figure out if there's a root cause or if it's just random.

Please report these occurrences to support, if for no other reason, so they can be documented.

Glad it's not been a permanent problem, but I cannot imagine having that problem at a gig!

Similar behaviour here for bank: F2 doesn't respond, F3 work correctly. (standard configuration of F1/F2/F3).

Please report these occurrences to support, if for no other reason, so they can be documented.

Glad it's not been a permanent problem, but I cannot imagine having that problem at a gig!

I did and support was very helpful. No complaints here! Things happen...

Was support able to identify a problem and provide a solution?

No, they thought it may have been something I accidentally did since it was a one off and I thought maybe so too. I didn't see how because I was only using the footswitches at the time but it's one of those things that couldn't be recreated so I wasn't sure. They were very willing to help though. I definitely recommend submitting a ticket with them to anyone having the same issue, to make sure that they are aware that it is happening to a few of us if nothing else.

Last edited:

Here ya go. It's not the best quality because I did it quickly and...apparently my phone thought it was sideways...but it's clear that I'm pushing switches and nothing is happening.

BTW - Sorry to be so active (synonym for annoying?) on this thread but I should also mention that I have used it for literally hours since it did that and haven't had another problem. And it also happened before the latest firmware update. Has anyone had it happen WITH the latest firmware update?

BTW - Sorry to be so active (synonym for annoying?) on this thread but I should also mention that I have used it for literally hours since it did that and haven't had another problem. And it also happened before the latest firmware update. Has anyone had it happen WITH the latest firmware update?
According to the OP, it happened with the latest firmware.

See my OP - I have only had it happen after the last update. I don't know if it's related to the software or if it's strictly mechanical at this point though.

I have had similar issues since upgrading firmware. A few times the unit has gone to a blank screen on power-up and requires a restart to get it to fire up correctly. Thankfully has not happened using live yet.

In addition (sorry FAS folks), a few times when I hit F1 to change presets within a certain bank, it causes footswitches 1-8 to blink as they would under normal conditions, however selecting one will not change the preset and I have to hit F1 again a couple times off and on to change the presets on the unit. During this time, changing presets in the editor works fine.

I have had similar issues since upgrading firmware. A few times the unit has gone to a blank screen on power-up and requires a restart to get it to fire up correctly. Thankfully has not happened using live yet.

In addition (sorry FAS folks), a few times when I hit F1 to change presets within a certain bank, it causes footswitches 1-8 to blink as they would under normal conditions, however selecting one will not change the preset and I have to hit F1 again a couple times off and on to change the presets on the unit. During this time, changing presets in the editor works fine.
Try the new Beta.

So I did file a ticket with support for this, mostly just to have it documented. It hasn't happened again yet. I'm thinking of updating to the beta but I ran out of time for now so maybe tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom