AX8 Foot Switch Tops

Livstone

Inspired
Is any one else having issues with the very top of the foot switch coming off? They are magnetic and will stick back on but can easily be pulled off once they first come loose. I've had several of my foot switches have this problem. I just ordered two replacement switches late last week and another one comes loose last night.

Is any one else having issues with the very top of the foot switch coming off? They are magnetic and will stick back on but can easily be pulled off once they first come loose. I've had several of my foot switches have this problem. I just ordered two replacement switches late last week and another one comes loose last night.

Same boat here. I keep loosing the caps from FS1 and FS2. Afaik they're not magnetic. Talked to FAS service and they recommend to use a tiny bit of super glue to fix them but be careful: a little too much and the glue will run down the shaft and kill the entire switch.

Same boat here. I keep loosing the caps from FS1 and FS2. Afaik they're not magnetic. Talked to FAS service and they recommend to use a tiny bit of super glue to fix them but be careful: a little too much and the glue will run down the shaft and kill the entire switch.

I thought about doing this before I ordered the two new switches but they weren't that expensive so I just ordered them.

Barefoot Buttons and all is well here. FWIW

I also have Barefoot Buttons but it doesn't make a difference. Firstly the BB's are tightened on to the switch top so if it's going to come off that won't stop it. I'm going to try the super glue and see how long it holds!

Do it with the AX8 upside down ;-)

Yes...definitely upside down!! Same thing as when you're lubricating the switches...upside down and let it dry!!

I've had a couple pop off, afaik they aren't magnetic tho.

I just pop them back on and go about my business, they seem to hold tight enough that I don't worry about it. I've had designs to stick a little rubberized epoxy or JB weld or something in there, but never got around to it, and I haven't lost them yet, so perhaps i'm pushing my luck... :-D

First time I have seen these Barefoot caps.
What size for AX-8, V1 or V2 ?

Also, anyone used the glow in the dark ones ? Do they work ?
Thx

Just posted about this myself (didn't look far enough into the threads I guess). I have lost two in the last month and never found where they went. Did you guys have to buy just the caps, or the entire switch when you replaced yours?

Just posted about this myself (didn't look far enough into the threads I guess). I have lost two in the last month and never found where they went. Did you guys have to buy just the caps, or the entire switch when you replaced yours?

If you lost the tops then you need the whole switch. I have tried the glue thing before replacing but be careful to turn the AX8 upside down, keep it upside down while drying and do not engage the switch before it's very dry.

Is the top needed? I am asking, because if I lost mine, I think I would just continue on. Is it a potential problem for the AX8 to be operated in dirty environments without tops

I've said this before: I always carry one of those plastic film rolls for food packaging. My AX8 looks like new after like... 40 gigs.

And I just played in a clean stage once. It was a few years ago. In Berlin. It was so strange..!

I've seen various guys reporting this issue and I think pretty much all of them were using barefoot buttons or similar. I wonder if that's the culprit?
My ax8 has seen almost two years of heavy usage (I'm quite violent when stomping on those switches) and never had that issue

I've seen various guys reporting this issue and I think pretty much all of them were using barefoot buttons or similar. I wonder if that's the culprit?
My ax8 has seen almost two years of heavy usage (I'm quite violent when stomping on those switches) and never had that issue

I've had this problem before I got my BB's so it's definitely not the cause.

Back
Top Bottom