AX8 First run through at rehearsal

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
Its not fair. I didn't really take the time to set things up, or even figure out how the pedal switches work. AND my XiTone wedges aren't here. I had to use my cheap, old, but very light Randall 2-80 solid state power amp and a single 12 Mesa/Boogie cab. I ported some presets from my Axe FxII, aligned them together to a bank, brought them all to a rehearsal.

This is a modern jazz band. Not MY band, but still a band I'm benignly leading. A reading rehearsal. You know, charts of tunes and arrangements of songs we don't know. So you gotta think quick. No time to muddle over presets and settings. Improvisation.

I really am liking this thing. For some reason the effects -- reverb mainly, but delay too, came out louder than I heard it at home in the studio. I couldn't figure out how to adjust the level again on the fly. I'm wondering whether in transporting it I moved some knobs.

I'm very excited about this. The smaller set up with the big sound. Now I have to decide between my two rigs. I have my studio rig which is the Axe Fx II plus Metric Halo ULN-8 and NHTPro active FR studio monitors. My larger local California gigs with my AXE FX II plus LF+12+, 2 XiTone 1-12 active wedges, or travel rig - AX8 - 2 XiTone 1-12 active wedges or small jazz gig using one Wedge.

Or I just keep the Axe Fx II in the studio and the AX8 does everything else.

Good options to have!

Ya id say so, good options to have!..Im pretty much doing the same thing. Keeping the Axe Fx II in the studio and the ax8 for all my live gigs its looking like..btw have to let us know how you like the XiTone wedges when you get them. Would like to hear how they sound for jazz, etc..thanks

Glad you're liking it Henry! It is really tempting to just go small, I thought the same thing. Then I decided it was like guitars; I don't have to play them every day for them to be useful enough to keep in the arsenal. I'm still gigging more on the XL+, but the AX8 is gaining ground! Keep us posted on your progress.

Back
Top Bottom