AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong but I believe the last AX8 will be just that...the very last update....so Cliff needs to make sure nothing (or almost nothing) leaves a bug that could cause another update later on...for me there is no rush , I think we can wait some more given the AX8 is a wonderful modeler as it is now

Any update on this? Cliff mentioned he was working on it in Sept. just wondering if there’s an update on progress? I’m veryyyy satisfied with my AX8 and Fractal certainly aren’t obligated to even do this but would be soooo amazing if they did!!

What would the ARES update mean in practice? Of course it's just speculation but... Would the AX8 then possibly feature amps that the Axe FX III currently has?

What would the ARES update mean in practice? Of course it's just speculation but... Would the AX8 then possibly feature amps that the Axe FX III currently has?

It would mean the newest and improved modeling technology/algorithms. Wether or not it'll include any new amp is up to the AX8's internal memory capacity or simply decision by FAS.

IIRC Ares for the Axe Fx II only included the FAS Skull Crusher amp. Many have asked for the JP-2C but ATM there's no indication it'll be included in any potential update for the II (for the record, yes, Cliff did said he was working on porting changes he made back in AFX III FW 9.XX) or when said potential update will be released.

Well....I guess the FAS promise went away...that promise of system updates for their loyal customers...the unofficial news of Ares for the AX8 said it would come....but it was said more than an half year ago and nothing...but nothing said related to it....so I think we the AX8 owners should stop dreaming about it and move somewhere else.

FAS ...please....give us a statement or real comment if it is worth the wait , or should we forget about this AX8 Ares upgrade

Well....I guess the FAS promise went away...that promise of system updates for their loyal customers...the unofficial news of Ares for the AX8 said it would come....but it was said more than an half year ago and nothing...but nothing said related to it....so I think we the AX8 owners should stop dreaming about it and move somewhere else.
No promise was made. Only a statement that an Ares port was being attempted, and that it was turning out to be a very difficult thing to do. I agree that it would be good to hear an official word.

I don’t see the benefit of FAS saying it’s done vs playing what we have now and possibly having an update in the future.

Why make a definitive end? We could still see updates if left open.

A sure way to never get another update is to ask them to say there will never be an update.

Welcome Paul. You will love the AX8. There’s lots to learn but stick with it and this forum for great advice. There’s plenty of videos on YouTube to help your journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom