AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
That´s great Cliff, thanks a lot! We all appreciate that and know why we stick to FAS Gear!

Last edited:
This is great news and makes me eat some of my own words. I just wonder if this update will address at least some of the annoying bugs (the LFO2 bug being the worst to me as I'm digging the synth block).

What’s so difficult to understand? As of today, the unit still has bugs. The worst one involves the unit freezing up live. It’s a live pedalboard. That renders it useless on the latest firmware.
I don’t want new things thrown at it that have potentially more bugs. Just the bugs fixed.
See, that is the problem. In everyone haste to get ‘new stuff’, they let the bugs go unnoticed. Must have this amp, must have a certain feature in one of the other units. You only have to look at the latest replies. Nothing has happened yet. No promises of fixing existing bugs. Only an announcement that something new might be coming. Yet, the praise is flowing.
This is a pattern I have noticed since using Fractal stuff for years now and this is why stuff does not get fixed. Everyone is too busy heaping praise over the ‘new stuff’.

Last edited:
What’s so difficult to understand? As of today, the unit still has bugs. The worst one involves the unit freezing up live. It’s a live pedalboard. That renders it useless on the latest firmware.
I don’t want new things thrown at it that have potentially more bugs. Just the bugs fixed.
See, that is the problem. In everyone haste to get ‘new stuff’, they let the bugs go unnoticed. Must have this amp, must have a certain feature in one of the other units. You only have to look at the latest replies. Nothing has happened yet. No promises of fixing existing bugs. Only an announcement that something new might be coming. Yet, the praise is flowing.
This is a pattern I have noticed since using Fractal stuff for years now and this is why stuff does not get fixed. Everyone is too busy heaping praise over the ‘new stuff’.
Mine doesn’t freeze up live. Ever. I think you ah e a thread about your issue?

Vinny, bugs are incredibly rare, I've never had any long term freeze issues and mine's often on for hours daily.

Are you having issues with both of yours?

I'm working on Ares 2.00 for the AX-8. It's difficult though since the processor isn't as powerful and I'm having difficulty getting the new algorithms to run in the allotted time. I've also been sick all week and only have enough strength to work a couple hours a day.

Thanks Cliff, improved firmware will be appreciated, and no worries if it takes some time.

I'm working on Ares 2.00 for the AX-8. It's difficult though since the processor isn't as powerful and I'm having difficulty getting the new algorithms to run in the allotted time. I've also been sick all week and only have enough strength to work a couple hours a day.

This made my day. @FractalAudio I wish you a speedy recovery!

Looking forward to trying the new firmware :)

Vinny, bugs are incredibly rare, I've never had any long term freeze issues and mine's often on for hours daily.

Are you having issues with both of yours?

The thing is, given the price tag of the unit and the fact that many professional artists are relying on it stability issues should be a major concern for FAS. Yes, the issues are rare, but they obviously do exist. I'm glad the AX8 does have a firmware future at all so there's still a chance that bugs get fixed.

The thing is, given the price tag of the unit and the fact that many professional artists are relying on it stability issues should be a major concern for FAS. Yes, the issues are rare, but they obviously do exist. I'm glad the AX8 does have a firmware future at all so there's still a chance that bugs get fixed.

$1000? I don’t think that’s outrageously expensive.

If there are issues, yes it’s be great to have them fixed. Can we speak specifically about them and try to fix them instead of passive-aggressively comment that they exist?

If there are issues, yes it’s be great to have them fixed. Can we speak specifically about them and try to fix them instead of passive-aggressively comment that they exist?

Don't know where you bought your AX8. I paid 1800€ for it which puts it into the pro league. I mentioned the one that bugs me the most and so did Vinnie. Am I missing anything ?

So many companies could take a page out of the Fractal book when it comes to customer loyalty. I have the AX8,the II, and the III and they all keep getting better. As more products are being shipped offshore, I'm so glad someone is keeping up the American Standard with these amazing firmware updates.

You live in Hawaii Chris, your probably used to paying $1000 for a gallon of milk lol

I paid something along the $1600 usd mark and I'm in Mexico, just right next to USA. Taxes and whatnot can be a bitch sometimes, anyways... I haven't found any bugs yet, so I have nothing to complain about but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

As always, it's been suggested to post a video or audio along with some detailed info on how to replicate said bug to help FAS find and fix it.

I paid something along the $1600 usd mark and I'm in Mexico, just right next to USA. Taxes and whatnot can be a bitch sometimes, anyways...

Don't know where you bought your AX8. I paid 1800€ for it which puts it into the pro league.

Here in Argentina i paid around u$s2100...was expensive as f*ck :coldsweat:...but it's the best purchase i've made (gear related). I'm not a pro, but for the time i use the AX8 (one or two hours a day) i never had any kind of freeze. :)

That’s great news, much appreciated.
As an FX8 owner as well, is there likely to be one last bug fix (and add the harmonic trem) release for that unit?

WOOHOO ! Nice. Thank you. Get well first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom