AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated it yesterday. And after updating, following instruction to turn off, wait five seconds and turn on, I notice that after turning it on my ax8 was freeze... buttons and knobs do not worked. Than, I turned off and on again, and it was as usual. But, I did not use it after that. I hope Cliff take a look at this bug as soon as he sees it... He can save us!

I'm late to the 10.01 update but that literally just happened to me. Had to restart twice. Scary!
Sounds ok now.

Hi FAS, any news about new firmware on AX8 ? thanks a lot :)

My bet is that if there will be any AX8 (final?) FW update, it's gonna be AFTER the FM3 drops and it's FW gets a stable release. And then, the AX8 has two possible outputs: Getting an ARES port based off of FM3's firmware OR final Quantum update with nothing but bug fixes.

Only @FractalAudio knows, but if it's the former (with few additional goodies like the Skull Crusher and/or the JP2C), then i'd gladly wait all the time Cliff and co needs. ;)

I'm guessing they are waiting for the FM3 to start shipping, so the AX8 can be declared end of life. Then there might be a final bug fix firmware.

I'm guessing they are waiting for the FM3 to start shipping, so the AX8 can be declared end of life. Then there might be a final bug fix firmware.
That would be a real shame. I love my AxIII but I still gig mostly with the Ax8. So many real touring players use the Ax8 because it’s such a great practical live gigging tool that has way more than most of us really need. Long live the 8!

That would be a real shame. I love my AxIII but I still gig mostly with the Ax8. So many real touring players use the Ax8 because it’s such a great practical live gigging tool that has way more than most of us really need. Long live the 8!
+ 1 on that!!!!

Absolutely - as mentioned before - since the AX8 is at least Kemper Level (to me it´s way better) and people are using Kempers worldwide (probably even more than other other brands) and seem to be satisfied, i see no reason for changing it. Yet, even if some glimpse of ARES in the AX8 would be intriguing, I´m fine with sound it gives me and can understand that the AX8 has come close to its borders updatewise.

Yet, even if some glimpse of ARES in the AX8 would be intriguing
Some of the Ares modelling has already been ported to the AX8, added in version 10.0.

Release notes:
"VERSION 10.01 SEPTEMPER 11, 2018
Fixed can’t control Amp block Sat Switch via Modifier.
Fixed some amp models loading wrong initial Preamp Bias value.
VERSION 10.00 JULY 17, 2018
AX8 version 10.00 incorporates some of the “Ares” modeling from the Axe-Fx III.
Improved CPU usage in some presets.
Improved AX8-Edit communication stability.
Added “Friedman 18 C45” amp model based on the HBE channel of a 2018 Friedman BE100 with the C45 switch engaged."

I am already more than happy with my AX8 and used it many times on the stage, However I would really love to see a final firmware with bug fixes, more ARES (Like my Axe FX II) and Skull Crusher and Petrucci amps. But if it didn't happen, I will be fine anyway. Fas for life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom