AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also never had any issues with levels changing, etc. I typically tweak a little at each gig depending on the room so I am used to adjusting gain, master volume and EQ settings using the knobs for certain presets on the fly as needed.

The level changes are not extremely big. It might be something like 3dB in either direction. If you are running only a few preset and tweaking them at soundcheck, it would never be a problem. We usually run without soundcheck and without sound guy. I have one preset per song, and the levels are all saved with the preset. So level changes required me to update 60+ presets. I have a system, so it is fairly easy to do but tedious none the less.

Hi,

I'm still on 10.0, but noticed that my clean presets ended up seeming noticeably softer after upgrading from 9.x and I remedied this by bringing up the amp level on these clean present accordingly and re-saving. I had to make some minor adjustments during our first full-volume rehearsal, but everything is sounding great now (and generally better than ever).

Cheers,

Alan

I just tried the Plexi 2204 WOW !!!!!!

I have a 1980 JMP Marshall with a 4x12 cab and this Plexi 2204 just nailed it. Frickin AMAZING !!!!!!!!! THANKS :)

I just tried the Plexi 2204 WOW !!!!!!

I have a 1980 JMP Marshall with a 4x12 cab and this Plexi 2204 just nailed it. Frickin AMAZING !!!!!!!!! THANKS :)

ooops, scratch that. I took it to the PA and it was bad news. Way to much high end and not very clear. Weird because it sounded so great at my home. The more interesting thing is first - sounded amazing at home, Next sounded terrible into the pa, Finally brought it back home and it sounded worse than before. very strange. Went back to firmware 7.01 and sounds good again. Just can't run the 2204....

Could it be because of the levels? Same preset sounds very different at home levels and at stage levels, as you probably know.

Could it be because of the levels? Same preset sounds very different at home levels and at stage levels, as you probably know.
Thanks! Yea, the stage PA levels vs home levels are important. On my home monitors I always finalize my presets at a high volume and I have a home "PA simulator" eq that I add as I've been going back and forth fine tuning for the last 2 years. I really think something changed in the unit after I installed 10.01 because it did sound good at home and then later sounded bad (even at home). Almost like it lost the cab parameters.... I'll probably try it again after my gigs slow down.

Oh boy, well, my noise/trebble/dirt issue happened again but even on 7.01 firmware today. But, i was able to recover. I thought it was a 10.01 problem but now i'm suspecting the hardware.

When I changed from a Vibro Lux patch to my Freidman patch everything got really treble-ee and dirty but, I went to my next preset which was a Euro Red everything fixed itself and all presets went back to normal.

Looks to me like a hardware issue but, good news is it isn't 10.01 problem and, I can get back to normal (as long as I remember to go to that Euro Red preset and, if that fixes it again). I'm a little nervous going into this weekends gigssssss.......

Oh boy, well, my noise/trebble/dirt issue happened again but even on 7.01 firmware today. But, i was able to recover. I thought it was a 10.01 problem but now i'm suspecting the hardware.

When I changed from a Vibro Lux patch to my Freidman patch everything got really treble-ee and dirty but, I went to my next preset which was a Euro Red everything fixed itself and all presets went back to normal.

Looks to me like a hardware issue but, good news is it isn't 10.01 problem and, I can get back to normal (as long as I remember to go to that Euro Red preset and, if that fixes it again). I'm a little nervous going into this weekends gigssssss.......
is there a wah block in the preset?

is there a wah block in the preset?
Oh man, you might have it. YES, and i have it configured a little crazy-It's hooked up to auto engage with external 1 as the control but....I don't have a expression pedal in external 1 so...it's wide open. This is my bad for sure :) I'm pulling that out or at least change the control to a pedal that is hooked up into the system !!!!!

Chris, I owe you big time :)

Oh man, you might have it. YES, and i have it configured a little crazy-It's hooked up to auto engage with external 1 as the control but....I don't have a expression pedal in external 1 so...it's wide open. This is my bad for sure :) I'm pulling that out or at least change the control to a pedal that is hooked up into the system !!!!!

Chris, I owe you big time :)
Same thing happened to me when I installed 10.01. I use the same wah block on all my gig presets but it was engaged on only one of my presets. The others were fine. One click fixed the issue.

need help, updated firmware on ax8 from 9.04 to 10. know matter what preset i choose i have harmony effect with it. im still very new to this but i dont know whats happening.

need help, updated firmware on ax8 from 9.04 to 10. know matter what preset i choose i have harmony effect with it. im still very new to this but i dont know whats happening.
do you have a pitch block in the presets where this happens?

describe how everything is plugged in. guitar > ax8 > etc. etc.

there is no way to have a harmony effect on every preset automatically/globally. something else must be happening, or i don't understand what you mean by "harmony effect."

this is not normal, so there is no quick solution. can you post a video of what's happening?

Hey thanks for reply, Its plugged in correctly. after update no matter which preset i choose their is a harmony note to every not i play. im just re flashing and hoping its which go back to normal

manually added firmware with Fractal=bot and re-flashed its algood now, before fractal-bot did everything its self on the first flash, i have no idea why it happeded

I don’t want to sound like I am complaining because I’m not and I love my AX8, but, since the release of the AxeFX3 I have a feeling that updates are getting very rare or nonexistent.

I am not expecting new models or effects similar to the AxeFX3. I know that the processor is weaker and some stuff cannot be ported.

I am just looking at the bugs and wishlist where a lot of things are doable or should be fixed. Maybe Fractal doesn’t have enough human resources to keep developing 2 products simultaneously?

The constant updates (specifically regarding to bug fixes and wishlist) is for me one of the biggest advantages of Fractal products over all the competition. Are we going to get any new update on AX8?

Thanks!

I don’t want to sound like I am complaining because I’m not and I love my AX8, but, since the release of the AxeFX3 I have a feeling that updates are getting very rare or nonexistent.

I am not expecting new models or effects similar to the AxeFX3. I know that the processor is weaker and some stuff cannot be ported.

I am just looking at the bugs and wishlist where a lot of things are doable or should be fixed. Maybe Fractal doesn’t have enough human resources to keep developing 2 products simultaneously?

The constant updates (specifically regarding to bug fixes and wishlist) is for me one of the biggest advantages of Fractal products over all the competition. Are we going to get any new update on AX8?

Thanks!

Once a product has been out for a while there becomes less and less that “needs” to be done, and as a result, more mature and stable products receive less and less updating.

It’s silly to think that any product, even the III after a given length of time, is going to receive “constant” updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom