AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than maybe little bug fixes, I personally don’t expect many major updates to Ax8 firmware in future. No inside knowledge here, just that it seems to me Cliff has magically crammed everything into what that units processor can already do. There is not a lot of left free to work with for expansion. That said, the Ax8 is pretty damn killer as is!

Pitch block imporevements, imho, have nothing to do with processing power. It's just algorithm improvements, that's all, not something extra than the unit can't handle. But that's just my impression. Remember what everyone said about audio gap when changing presets and scenes and how much it has been improved from latest firmware update. All of us like AX8 overall but it doesn't mean that it cannot be improved furthermore. Also don't forget that it's not legacy product, at least until a new AX8 version comes in, so i expect to be supported and improved even more.

Pitch block imporevements, imho, have nothing to do with processing power. It's just algorithm improvements, that's all, not something extra than the unit can't handle. But that's just my impression.
Algorithms are what eats CPU. In fact, they’re the only thing that eats CPU. Any change that increases the complexity of an algorithm — that increases the number of calculations it must perform — will increase CPU usage.

Apparently, Ares algorithms are more efficient than Quantum algorithms. They reduced CPU utilization (lower percentage) in presets AND improved performance (audio gap, tone, etc.). Pure FAS genius. I thought that was the point @m3talmike was making.

My list; priorities in Bold:

Replicator
Transporter
Warp Drive
Anti-Matter Converter
Coffee Maker

Of course that last one wouldn't be needed if the first one were implemented. And there have been lots of gigs where that second one would have been really nice to have.

Reactions: Rex
Ive been late to the 10.01 party but finally made the leap.
I was concerned of reports of volume changes from preset to preset , which is why I held off going from 9.4(?) to 10.01.
So what I did is:
- saved my presets
- create a table of VU meter readings (using a looper to create a reference signal) and jotted down every level for every scene in the presets I've created.
- compared the levels (before vs after)

I'm happy to report there are no changes in level. I'm using fender twin/ plexi/ fryette through those presets .
Also the small amount of dead air between amp changes has significantly improved. Much less noticable.

Well done Cliff and team , job well done - thank you !!!

Hello!

I've just updated from 10 to 10.01 and I had this problem:

After 15 minutes playing, in the middle of a solo, suddenly the sound became VERY clean and VERY loud.

I switched off and on and it was ok again.

Any idea?

It's there anything I can do to avoid this onstage? Tomorrow I have a very important gig.

I'm using the same preset I was using on 10.00. Only I had to raise the power amp block 2db. Is this normal?

Thank you in advance.

Hello!

I've just updated from 10 to 10.01 and I had this problem:

After 15 minutes playing, in the middle of a solo, suddenly the sound became VERY clean and VERY loud.

I switched off and on and it was ok again.

Any idea?

It's there anything I can do to avoid this onstage? Tomorrow I have a very important gig.

I'm using the same preset I was using on 10.00. Only I had to raise the power amp block 2db. Is this normal?

Thank you in advance.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-suddenly-sending-input1-signal-to-out1-left.144682/

I updated to 10.01 last week and haven't had any freezes, but I have had some unusual volume drop incidents. It's happened at least twice. I don't think I'm doing anything in particular when it happens, just playing, and suddenly there's a noticeable volume drop. I've read some similar, and some different reports of volume issues happening, but I don't think what I've experienced is easily duplicate-able. It seems to be random. I'll try to pay more attention next time it happens.

Strange issue, here.

I was going thought presets, just exploring. After maybe... 20 different ones, I hit the looper and recorded a little phrase. Ok. I went to another preset in the same bank. Ok. I go to another bank and... In any other preset I tried, the recorded loop was sounding again and again. I switched back to the original preset. Everything ok in that bank. I went to another bank again and... The loop was there again.

Very strange.

I switched off and on the AX8 and it worked perfectly.

The loop sounding by itself in presets that had no Looper block and no way to stop it sounding is the expected behavior?

The loop sounding by itself in presets that had no Looper block and no way to stop it sounding is the expected behavior?

No. If there's no looper block in the preset there shouldn't be any sound coming from the looper. I thought you were switching between presets that all had a looper block.

Strange. Isn't it? In fact, when I returned to the preset where I recorded the phrase (and in other presets in that bank), there was no sound from the looper. Then, switching back to other banks (I tried a few of them), the loop sounded in every preset I tried (no Loop block there) without me pressing "play", because there is no "play" button.

Maybe the machine was saturated after so many preset changes in one session?

Strange. Isn't it? In fact, when I returned to the preset where I recorded the phrase (and in other presets in that bank), there was no sound from the looper. Then, switching back to other banks (I tried a few of them), the loop sounded in every preset I tried (no Loop block there) without me pressing "play", because there is no "play" button.

Maybe the machine was saturated after so many preset changes in one session?

What exactly do you mean by 'switching banks' ? On the AX8 you select a bank and then switch to a preset within that bank, you don't switch banks.

Exact.

I mean I go to other bank, select a preset (a preset without Looper block), and the loop I recorded in the other preset starts sounding by itself and there is no way to stop it, because there are no Looper controls in that preset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom