AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some weird behavior on the speaker page in AX8 Edit, after this update.

I reset the amp block.
Go to the speaker page.
Change any parameter on the speaker page, f.ex. the low res freq.
When doing my so, the whole graph on the right hand side changes completely. Not only the low res freq, but everything else gets shifted as wel.

The response doesn’t change according to the graph though. Changing any parameter on the speaker page even a tiny amount completely changes the graph, but the actual response is according to the numbers, not the graph.

I was on the Euro Blue and Euro Blue Mdrn models. But might be on other (or all) models as well.

I updated this morning and after an hour of playing it has started to sound like I just had the guitar plugged into the sound card and did not answer any buttons or switchers.
I have turned off and on and everything has returned to normal, but possible bug? o_O

I updated it yesterday. And after updating, following instruction to turn off, wait five seconds and turn on, I notice that after turning it on my ax8 was freeze... buttons and knobs do not worked. Than, I turned off and on again, and it was as usual. But, I did not use it after that. I hope Cliff take a look at this bug as soon as he sees it... He can save us!

I updated it yesterday. And after updating, following instruction to turn off, wait five seconds and turn on, I notice that after turning it on my ax8 was freeze... buttons and knobs do not worked. Than, I turned off and on again, and it was as usual. But, I did not use it after that. I hope Cliff take a look at this bug as soon as he sees it... He can save us!
Definitely contact FAS support.

I had exactly the same thing happen when I updated from 9.04 to 10 (although I had to power off and on two or three times before it finally started normally). It really freaked me out because if my AX8 died or couldn't start for some reason my whole music world - gigs, rehearsals etc - would come to sudden halt and there would be nothing I could do about it. Thankfully it hasn't happened again and when I updated from 10 to 10.01 I had no issues.

Also, did anyone notice that after the 10.01 update the AX8 automatically rescanned presets etc without me having to select 'Refresh after new FW update' in AXEdit. Well that was my experience anyway.

I had exactly the same thing happen when I updated from 9.04 to 10 (although I had to power off and on two or three times before it finally started normally). It really freaked me out because if my AX8 died or couldn't start for some reason my whole music world - gigs, rehearsals etc - would come to sudden halt and there would be nothing I could do about it. Thankfully it hasn't happened again and when I updated from 10 to 10.01 I had no issues.

Also, did anyone notice that after the 10.01 update the AX8 automatically rescanned presets etc without me having to select 'Refresh after new FW update' in AXEdit. Well that was my experience anyway.

Thank you for sharing your experience... So, I have used my ax8 since update and it is working fine. Nothing happens about it. I am good now.

I'm surprised how much of a big sound change FW10.01 caused for the older patches. Even the ones with 9.04...

I'm surprised how much of a big sound change FW10.01 caused for the older patches. Even the ones with 9.04...
didn't 10.xx incorporate as much as possible from the latest modeling paradigm Ares? i would expect a noticeable change for sure.

Yes. Whenever we skip a to a new firmware initial number, expect to find some noticeable change... 8.x to 9.x and then 9.x to 10.x

The new beta firmware for the Axe III has an option for selecting output mode between FRFR and SS amp + Cab. This would be an awesome feature to have in the AX8 as well. Fingers crossed:)

For sure it would !!!!
Pleeeeeease :)

QUOTE="E-Sound, post: 1695838, member: 50358"]The new beta firmware for the Axe III has an option for selecting output mode between FRFR and SS amp + Cab. This would be an awesome feature to have in the AX8 as well. Fingers crossed:)[/QUOTE]

SS = Solid State?

Then you just have to bypass the cab in the AX8.

??
And turn off speaker compression. But the release notes for the new Axe III firmware states this:

“Added Output Mode to Amp block. The default value, FRFR, is the classic mode and designed for use with monitors or recording. The SS PA + Cab mode is intended for use with a solid-state power amp and conventional guitar cab. In this mode speaker compression modeling behaves differently relying on the speaker for compression while still simulating the interaction with the power amp“

Sounds really cool, so I hope this will be implemented in the AX8 as well, since I use a traditional guitar cab live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom