AX8 Firmware V1.01 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome stuff .Joe question when a major release happens on the AxeFx what is the timeline for porting to AX8.

Is the target a week or 2??

Woo Hoo!! Thanks for the update!

Really happy to see the FAS Boost make it to the AX8. Definitely looking forward to the Quantum 2.0 port.

Last edited:
I haven't tested yet, but the update was so simple that this idiot did it without cracking the manual. Good thing I knew about Fractal Bot from when I had the FX8 though. Some may not realize that the update instructions are in the Fractal Bot manual so it might be good to mention to use Fractal Bot in the original update posts for those just getting their first FAS product.

Seriously though, it was simple and went without a hitch and really without having to think. The way it should be. Thank you.

My update went well once I figured out that I couldn't run Fractal Bot while connected to AX8-Edit. It's probably in bold type somewhere. I'm just a lot more likely to read about how to operate the hardware vs this housekeeping stuff. Now I know.

Last edited:
I haven't tested yet, but the update was so simple that this idiot did it without cracking the manual. Good thing I knew about Fractal Bot from when I had the FX8 though. Some may not realize that the update instructions are in the Fractal Bot manual so it might be good to mention to use Fractal Bot in the original update posts for those just getting their first FAS product.

Seriously though, it was simple and went without a hitch and really without having to think. The way it should be. Thank you.

Yeah , it's always nice to know you need Fractal Bot for an update , and not AX8-Edit. (thanks to Rick ;)

The thing that I've noticed about the update was that it went way slower than updating axe fx II. not that i am complaining about it, just a mere observation and I would like to know why? is it related to the cpu power?

(Read in old-timer grampa voice...)
"Back in MY day, (Axe-Fx Ultra) we didn't have no Fractal Bot or USB. We had to make do with an old midi interface, 5 pin cables and apps like MIDI OX or Bome's SendSX to send our sysex data. Times was tough, but we didn't complain none..."

Wait.. no we did complain. A lot as I recall. The forum would fill up with midi support issues every time there was an update. SO much better and easier these days!!

For sure. It's not like that I am complaining. I am more than satisfied with FAS products. love my ax8 and axe fx II. FAS customer for life baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom