AX8 Firmware 9.04 Released

The Master Volume in those amps is working fine here.

Help me understand what you mean by "not doing anything."
The master volume can be either at 0 or 10 and the output volume is the same. The only way I can change the volume is by the trim vol or Level. And I just noticed that the Saturation switch only works on either Off or Ideal...Auth isn't doing any effect. I will save my presents and do a factory reset and see if that fixes whatever is happening.

In AX8-Edit or on the hardware? Which parameter do you mean exactly by “Master Volume”?

In AX8-Edit or on the hardware? Which parameter do you mean exactly by “Master Volume”?
From the editor --> AMP block --> Master Volume. I think I just solved the issue: Went to the I/O and did a reset and now it seems to be working normal. I have no idea what could have cause that behavior, but it seems to be under control now. Thanks for responding.

9.04 has been very good to me, I can't wait to hear and feel how Q10 will build upon it :)

Aye, same here. I'm drooling over the vids the guys in the AFX2 forum have been posting. Hopefully the new Plexi will get me in the Doug Aldrich tone area...! :)

There are some quirks in 9.04.

I somehow got a saved amp block that had Scene 2 Controller attached to Input Gain, except it was attached like 8 times and took that many modifiers. When I cleared all 8 of them, I reloaded the saved block to check, and sure enough the “cloned” modifiers came back. So there’s an issue with modifiers within saved blocks (perhaps specific to Scene Controllers, and perhaps specific to saved AX8-Edit library blk files that came from before 9.04).

Also - hard resetting the amp seems to change under-the-hood parameters, not just visible values. At least on a block saved from a few versions ago. I’ve been hanging on to a DC30 block for several firmwares and just “soft” resetting it each upgrade. I was surprised that after a “hard” reset, even after matching all values on all pages to before the reset, that the sound was different (comparing to the saved block with all same values but before the hard reset). Got a bit brighter, in my case. I preferred the “new” sound, luckily!
Thank you. It's now 10.1

Back
Top Bottom