AX8 Firmware 9.04 Released

i find the sound good as before but more compressed and a bit darker probably because of the compression, is there a global settings for the compression to tweak?

There are some really cool things I like in the new update, like the Fender cleans but I just love the way 9.03 sounds on all my current presets. I’ve spent so much time dialing them in and am so happy that I may be good for now.

I also find the new update to sound a little darker and maybe a little more compressed, but who knows, your mind can play tricks on you. I’ve never been happier than I am on 9.03. I guess, “Don’t fix what isn’t broken”. That is until the next update :cool:

Thank you to Fractal for continuing to update the AX8! It’s amazing that in a year my purchase has only gotten better! Where else does this happen?!

First rehearsal with Q9.04. Amps used: twin reverb, vibrolux, comet 60, Soldano SLO and Hiwatt. Best firmware since I have the AX8 (two years)

I can't wait to reherehea with my other group, an U2 tribute, and test the AC30

First rehearsal with Q9.04. Amps used: twin reverb, vibrolux, comet 60, Soldano SLO and Hiwatt. Best firmware since I have the AX8 (two years)

I can't wait to reherehea with my other group, an U2 tribute, and test the AC30

@Josetxu sounds like some great vintage amps. I play in a classic rock band so I get by with the Plexi, Brit 800, various other Marshall amps and a few others. I occasionally play in this R&B band with horns and I'm trying to find some good old school presets. I generally use the 59 Bassman which works fine but definitely trying to get the retro vibe. Do you have any suggestions on which amps, available presets, etc.?

BTW, we also play a few U2 tunes so appreciate any advice on presets, especially delay settings. Thanks.

If your patch is all set for CF hardness = 5 and then it gets turned up to 7.5, it seems to add too much upper mid crunchiness. Try turning back down to 5, or start from scratch on the same amp and redial it. I had the same problem. I just turned it down and I'll redial when I have time.

@Josetxu sounds like some great vintage amps. I play in a classic rock band so I get by with the Plexi, Brit 800, various other Marshall amps and a few others. I occasionally play in this R&B band with horns and I'm trying to find some good old school presets. I generally use the 59 Bassman which works fine but definitely trying to get the retro vibe. Do you have any suggestions on which amps, available presets, etc.?

BTW, we also play a few U2 tunes so appreciate any advice on presets, especially delay settings. Thanks.
What drive pedals did you use in your chain if any. I haven't found a good crunch tone yet using the tube scream pedal. Thanks for your input

What drive pedals did you use in your chain if any. I haven't found a good crunch tone yet using the tube scream pedal. Thanks for your input

Mainly the TS808 OD with gain turned way down and level turned way up. I run the Bassman at edge of breakup so I can back of volume for clean and crank up and use the Drive for lead tones. It works pretty well.

Mainly the TS808 OD with gain turned way down and level turned way up. I run the Bassman at edge of breakup so I can back of volume for clean and crank up and use the Drive for lead tones. It works pretty well.
Thanks. I will give that a go again after upgrade again

I'm not a deep editor and I liked this version best for my clean patches. I feel like there's more chime and it's more dynamic especially with my single coil guitars.

Idk if it's because of the update, but I had to touch lvls on my fender patches too.

My current favorite is JTM45 with my Strat.
and my all time favorite is Divided by 13 patch.

I'm not a deep editor and I liked this version best for my clean patches. I feel like there's more chime and it's more dynamic especially with my single coil guitars.

Idk if it's because of the update, but I had to touch lvls on my fender patches too.

My current favorite is JTM45 with my Strat.
and my all time favorite is Divided by 13 patch.

The JTM45 is such an amazing clean amp, I'm surprised it's not talked about more. I know @Smittefar is a big fan.

Back
Top Bottom