AX8 Factory Presets Update 6p02

Huge thank you Matt and FAS, just in time!!!

My AX8 arrives this friday, cannot wait to fire it up, update and play the hell out of it. :D

I've got 2 banks of Go-To presets that I use for recording and shows.
What would be the scenario for getting the updated factory presets onto the AX8 - ALONG WITH - my 2 banks ?

Thanks Matt! Are these new presets that we have not seen before? Or are these the original factory presets adjusted to use the latest 6.02 firmware?

I feel like the Kool Aid Man.
OH YEEEEAAAAHHHHHH............
Yep. I just let my age show a little there.

So I updated to the latest factory updates and lost all my user presets. Luckily I had just backed them up before updating to the latest firmware.

How do you update the factory presets and keep all your own presets?

Perhaps my explanation or understanding is not clear....when I open the new factory presets, it shows 1-1...1.-8 all the way through to 16-1...16-8.

If I chose to upload the entire set of presets, these are the only banks it will over-write?

EDIT: My "Banks" are 1 thru 16 and each contain 8 presets, correct terminology?

You can decide where you want to load them when using AX8-Edit to upload their new presets.

To answer your question, yes, those are the only ones that will be overwritten.

(Yes, that is the correct terminology.)

Last edited:
Ah, back-ups are a wonderfully idea, I do the same. I always have my 'master' version, and then I have my 'working' versions.

I'm uploading the new presets with FractalBot and I don't get an option to choose which presets.

I browse for the file and select it (AX8-Factory-Preset-Banks-6p02.syx), I hit "Begin" and it warns me "You have selected an AX8 'All Preset Banks' file. If you continue you will permanently overwrite 512 presets in your AX8"

Back
Top Bottom