AX8 Expression Pedal

ssmorga78

Experienced
OK, when I had my Axe II I made a dual expression wheel pedal. I used TRS jacks and 100k pots. I wired them up exactly like my Mission EP-1 pedals as far as where the wiring went between the jack and the pot. SO, I sit down to do the same thing for my AX8 last night, get it all buttoned up, plugged into the AX8, go to the Pedal Calibration page........and only get 50% movement(when turning the pot it goes from 0%-48%). I didn't think this was a big deal, because with the MFC when you calibrated it did something similar...you saved the range of motion and went into to program that expression wheel to control something such as Reverb level. It would give you the full range of motion on the control display...... well, with the AX8.....I don't get the same results. Am I doing something wrong or is this the way the AX8 is setup??? When I use my EV1, I get full range of motion both in the calibration screen and the control screen. I am trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong, because I don't really want to have a huge board with 3 EV1's on it just so that I can control things like mix/level's of effects like Delay, Reverb, etc... I know the EV1 uses a 100k pot as well, so what in the crap am I doing wrong? Also, whats the point of calibrating your pedal in the AX8 if its not going to adjust the range of motion to fit your controller? Am I doing that wrong? The pedal I am referring to is the black 3 control one in the picture between the EV1 and AX8. I know it looks like 3 buttons, but the front 2 are pots, I just don't have in my large radio shack knobs on it yet. The back center is a silent switch to control things like Trem/Rotary so that I can activate them when I press the switch....
20160223_005455_zpsnkyzf6wi.jpg

Hm, I have a similar problem with my Y-Cable-Plugged Roland or Ernie-Ball Pedals - I wonder if there might be too much "noise" in the signal during the calibration somehow - plus I believe(?) it did still give me the full range of motion on the control display yesterday :-( Both combined I think something might have happened to my Y-Cable, so it's now e.g. transmitting a hum or the like(??) - maybe you have something similar in your box?

Also I noticed that it *does* matter which way round i plug in the y-cable to the exp-pedal: it only works one way -> what if you unplug the other two cables from your box, does the remaining knob the calibrate ok?

On yours, the calibration of the EV1 does still work on the same pedal input jacks where you try calibrating your knobs - right?

Finally: what's that greenish "old school box" in the middle? ;-) I guess a Drive Pedal hooked in front of the AX8?

I can confirm that indeed my cable was bad - exchanging it made the calibration go up to 0.98 again.
=> Will go shopping for some high quality Y-cables now ... ;-)

Still I'd be interested if your solution works out well meanwhile (as I'm thinking about building/getting something similar myself)

I can confirm that indeed my cable was bad - exchanging it made the calibration go up to 0.98 again.
=> Will go shopping for some high quality Y-cables now ... ;-)

Still I'd be interested if your solution works out well meanwhile (as I'm thinking about building/getting something similar myself)

Just a thought why not make you own? This way your cables are the length you want with quality ends.. You could do the same with some quality Mic cable like Mogami and some Neutrik ends custom length equals nice and tidy!.

Back
Top Bottom