When I listened to Ronnie James Dio's "Holy Diver" album, I was crazy. The first song already had incredible energy and sound. And because of that, I bought the video lesson from the great Vivian Campbell. These are things that we never forget.
I was very happy when I found on Youtube the same band (with new singer, and then new bass player, of course) playing these songs.
In most of the videos I've watched (most current), Campbell uses the ENG Artist Edition E651. I made some modifications to "Angle Severe" (I changed valves, small adjustments of equalization) and I had a lot of fun with the result.

Once again, Thank you Fractal Audio.
Happy New Year to everybody !!!

Rock n Roll!!!
I was 18 when Holy Diver came out and was already a huge DIO fan since Rainbow days.
Took the train 1500 miles (one way) to see their Holy Diver tour concert.

Viv rocks! Not sure why he is playing second fiddle in that other pop band ;)

Well I saw Viv playing with Last in Line in a small club in Nottingham a few years back, and the other week I saw him with "the pop band" finish off a huge world tour playing enormo domes around the world with a run of sold out dates in some of the largest venues in the UK

It did puzzle me too...

When I listened to Ronnie James Dio's "Holy Diver" album, I was crazy. The first song already had incredible energy and sound. And because of that, I bought the video lesson from the great Vivian Campbell. These are things that we never forget.
I was very happy when I found on Youtube the same band (with new singer, and then new bass player, of course) playing these songs.
In most of the videos I've watched (most current), Campbell uses the ENG Artist Edition E651. I made some modifications to "Angle Severe" (I changed valves, small adjustments of equalization) and I had a lot of fun with the result.

Once again, Thank you Fractal Audio.
Happy New Year to everybody !!!

Great stuff there mate,

Great job, you've nailed the Holy Diver era vibe there. We played a festival with Last in Line a few years back and Viv's live tone was one of the best I've ever heard.

I'm glad you liked it !! Thank you ! I always see your videos that help me a lot, I always learn a lot. And how cool to be able to play alongside musicians who inspire us. Great!!

Back
Top Bottom