ax8 edit problems

smegolas

Inspired
every time i load up AX8 edit the is what I get:

Communication time-out:

AX8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query device version : query_sys_info

what gives?

From my experience (USB and devices in general):
  • use another USB-Port. I would usually recommend using a port which is direct on the mainboard (some PCs have a 'front USB' for convenience, but they are more prone to errors).
  • Use a good cable. This may make a significant difference.
  • Do not use USB-Hubs. Most hubs tend to create stability issues.

I've had many communication time-outs with AX8 Edit. But it looks like, that the errors are gone when the AX8 Edit is ON before you power on the AX8.

This isn't the case for me. It'll time out whether Edit is already on or not. Was just getting frustrated about this last night. It's happened regardless of the cable I'm using. Always plugged into the back of my Mac.

I've found no way of avoiding it. The only way I've found to fix it is to turn my AX8 off, then on again. That usually does it, but that means I have to turn off my power amp too in order to avoid the pop. Over all, it's just a big pain to have this happen at all, let alone so frequently.

Edit shows that I'm connected. But it times out the comm.

Reactions: DTS
This isn't the case for me. It'll time out whether Edit is already on or not. Was just getting frustrated about this last night. It's happened regardless of the cable I'm using. Always plugged into the back of my Mac.

I've found no way of avoiding it. The only way I've found to fix it is to turn my AX8 off, then on again. That usually does it, but that means I have to turn off my power amp too in order to avoid the pop. Over all, it's just a big pain to have this happen at all, let alone so frequently.

Edit shows that I'm connected. But it times out the comm.

I never had connection problems with Axe FX II and Axe Edit. But have had several with AX8 and AX8 Edit.

Sorry to hear if my advice isn't working. It has worked for me (MBP, latest OSX and Latest AX8 edit.) There are some other bugs in the software as well. Let's hope, that updates are going to fix everything in the future.

Back
Top Bottom