AX8 edit or - can I switch locations of presets?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
First off I'd like to announce that I'm the prod new owner of the beautiful floor unit! Yay. I'm digging it.

I don't want to bother the forum with a bunch of tired and oft repeated questions. That said here I go. I'd like to stream line my banks. Using the AX8 Edit or the actual AX8, can I exchange positions/locations of presets? I haven't figured out how yet. You know preset B exchanges locations with A. A becomes Bs position and vice versa.

Thanks. That's all for now. I'm just going manually and copying amps from my Axe Fx II and saving blocks, importing when I can. Lucky for me I don't have a trillion presets I use.

I am not sure since I don't have an Ax but on the Axe you can use axe manage in edit to swap Preset's and you can also it from front panel

I am not sure since I don't have an Ax but on the Axe you can use axe manage in edit to swap Preset's and you can also it from front panel

Axe Preset manager would be your best bet. The only thing, if you need to swap location A for B, FIRST move B to an empty preset, then move A to B's old location, then put B from the empty slot into A's OLD location.

I am still learning but I noticed in the Manager that you will delete/override a preset with whatever you place with it. There maybe a swap setting but I have not figure it out (yet).

Also, I have not being able to duplicate a preset while in the manager, so I usually do it from Ax8-edit, preset options.

Axe Preset manager would be your best bet. The only thing, if you need to swap location A for B, FIRST move B to an empty preset, then move A to B's old location, then put B from the empty slot into A's OLD location.

I am still learning but I noticed in the Manager that you will delete/override a preset with whatever you place with it. There maybe a swap setting but I have not figure it out (yet).

Also, I have not being able to duplicate a preset while in the manager, so I usually do it from Ax8-edit, preset options.
If Ax edit has ax manage you should not need to move preset to empty slot. In Axe edit in the manage screen you can swap Preset's no problem. Sometimes I move 4 or 5 at once

If Ax edit has ax manage you should not need to move preset to empty slot. In Axe edit in the manage screen you can swap Preset's no problem. Sometimes I move 4 or 5 at once

Well, I recently tried it and if I moved a preset it would cut it from its location to place in the new location, overriding whatever was in there. That is why I decided to start using empty slots. In the axe I deleted a bank to place my presets.

Maybe it is my mistake as I am still learning.

Yes, definitively. TOOLS: MANAGE PRESETS
If you want to swap, don't use COPY/PASTE... just drag and drop.

Yes, definitively. TOOLS: MANAGE PRESETS
If you want to swap, don't use COPY/PASTE... just drag and drop.

Is that the same as AXE PRESET MANAGER?

Honestly, it did not swap but overwrite for me. Also, it did not copy when I wanted to move to another location but preserve a copy in the original.

I may have been doing something wrong, I will try again and even do a video if I can.

AGAIN, I can be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom