AX8 Edit: Only put X or Y configuration in library

moerker

Experienced
Before storming on and posting this as an wish, I am curious if anybody has a workaround which does not use "copy X to clipboard, switch Preset, paste and save, then go back".

I need something like this because I want to partially migrate block configurations over Presets (because, sometimes I need a specific Reverb here, but want it bundled up with my "standard" Reverb for other purposes on X etc.).

The problem is, I get (like often) fooled by the "Blocks Library" - yeah, it states that it's about "Blocks", but intuitive I think more about configurations.

So, is there a way to export the configurations, e.g. Text-files, yaml, json, whatsoever, and re-import them?
I am also willing to use some 3rd party stuff where I can paste clipboard data (e.g. as binaries or ASCII) in wild text files, or using Frac-Tool (but there I find no option, yikes!)...

Best regards,
Rob

Make blocks in your library that have the particular reverb and your standard reverb and over time you have what you need? I don’t think there’s a way to do what you want. As you mentioned, it’s the whole block and not a “state library.” Maybe it can be made in the future.

You don't need to switch presets once you have the block file with whatever settings you want as X or Y.

1. Copy X or Y of current block
2. Load library setting
3. Paste to unwanted X/Y state
4. Swap X & Y if desired

You don't need to switch presets once you have the block file with whatever settings you want as X or Y.

1. Copy X or Y of current block
2. Load library setting
3. Paste to unwanted X/Y state
4. Swap X & Y if desired
That should do the trick, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom