Wish AX8-Edit could suggest proper stock cabs when an individual amp was selected

Arsha.M.P

Dear friends at Fractal
what if Axe-edit could suggest proper stock cabs for each amp. searching the cab list is a bit time consuming.
I was thinking it would be great if Axe-edit had a guide section. for example if you hover the mouse on a cab or amp or pedal, additional information was shown in a window or something.
Thanks.

Dear friends at Fractal
what if Axe-edit could suggest proper stock cabs for each amp. searching the cab list is a bit time consuming.
I was thinking it would be great if Axe-edit had a guide section. for example if you hover the mouse on a cab or amp or pedal, additional information was shown in a window or something.
Thanks.
This would be very helpful, I'm sure some people might say you can use any cab with any amp which you can but most want to replicate the actual amp and cab combined of the original.

What is “proper” ?

I’ve owned probably 20 amp heads and never once did I buy the “matching” cab. I used the cabs I had and liked.

That meant a greenback loaded 4x12 with my Bassman, for example. No it’s not the 2x12 or whatever Fender originally sold with the amp, but it sure sounded “best” to me.

People tend to way over obsess about what is “right” isn’t if just what sounds “right”. It’s a subjective thing based upon an individuals opinion.

Consider this as well, a given amp may sound better or worse depending on how it’s set up.

What sounds subjectively best with a Silverface twin for cleans and what sounds best if you stick a muff fuzz in front of it are two different things.

Should the software look at your signal chain and update it’s recommendation based upon this ?

For those who don’t want to be bothered though, I’d highly recommend Austin Buddy’s preset pack. He went and paired 700 preset amp models with his opinion of what sounded “best” with different cabs. Great bang for the buck value!

I personally don’t always agree with his choices, but it’s a good product overall.

I’ve owned probably 20 amp heads and never once did I buy the “matching” cab. I used the cabs I had and liked.

Imho, even though i can understand and support your opinion, that's kinda wrong prespective IF someone wants a signature sound. There is no signature sound of an amp without its matching cab. And everyone who experiment with different IRs knows how important is the cab for the final sound, far more than amp. Especially some amps like rectifiers, which have unique sounding matching cabs, is a must if someone wants the recto sound. To be fair, this doesn't mean that an amp won't sound good through other cabs and we can take for example the industry standard for modern metal which has been 5150 with recto cab. But that's just my point of view :)

Back
Top Bottom