AX8-EDIT Bug

Spoons

Inspired
I haven't found a place to post comments about AX8-EDIT so I'm putting this here.

Every time I try to save an amp into the blocks library the software comes up with an error message and stops to function after that.

I've been using this feature in AXE-EDIT for many years, it was working the last time I used the feature a couple of weeks ago and now it's failing and crashing the software; this is really annoying. I haven't made any changes in the software and I checked for updates yesterday evening - it's up-to-date.

Please forward this to the appropriate personnel to fix what appears to be a software bug.

Thanks
Spoons

I started getting time outs again after updating to 9.04, too.

Happened about a year ago but buying a new USB cable that Admin M@tt recommended solved the issue. Not for this one, though.

Does it happen with every preset or just one? Wondering if it’s a corrupt preset maybe...

ERROR SOLVED!
(At least the error I've been getting)

I just figured out that the error I've been getting is due to the fact that I had both my Axe-Fx II and the AX8 turned on while using AX8-Edit. I've confirmed multiple times that this error ONLY exists under that condition.

To the people that write the driver software: this is likely to be a problem with the driver not properly configured to distinguish between the USB port using the Axe-Fx II and the USB port accessing the AX8 causing some kind of overlap.

Why do I need to use these devices in this way? I am trying to make "identical" patches in my recently purchased AX8 that I developed over the years in my Axe-Fx II. Since I can't just import the Axe-Fx II patches from my computer, I actually run both the Axe-Fx II and the AX8 units at the same time in conjunction with running both the Axe-Edit and the AX8-Edit at the same time so I can get all the patch settings from Axe-Edit and manually input them into a patch in the AX8-Edit essentially duplicating them.

It is very important that I be able to do this, I have got literally hundreds of different patches, one for every song I play. Please fix it soon so I can continue this without these annoying errors.
Spoons

CC @Michael Pickens

Hmm. I run both Axe-Edit and AX8-Edit frequently. I do not use the block save feature very much though. I'll test this. Are you Windows or macOS/OS X?

new to ax8, but every time I download ax8 edit, the edit screen pops up but doesn’t do anything. Prest ,block,tools, settings,etc does nothing. using window. Any help would be appreciated...

new to ax8, but every time I download ax8 edit, the edit screen pops up but doesn’t do anything. Prest ,block,tools, settings,etc does nothing. using window. Any help would be appreciated...
Replying to every thread about AX8-Edit isn't the right way to get help.

Post a new thread for your problem.

My guess is you haven't installed the AX8 drivers.

This is my very first post... I have not replied about nothing...nowhere
I had just read a very similar post on another thread:

01456C35-4104-4F5F-80DD-CDE19AE12658.jpeg

Sorry, wasn't trying to be a jerk... But I sensed a pattern I've seen before.

Did you install the drivers?

Ok ... did install drive still nothing though... I was able to find a few preset on the forum that I like... thanks for the reply... tim

Back
Top Bottom