• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

AX8-EDIT Bug

Spoons

Inspired
I haven't found a place to post comments about AX8-EDIT so I'm putting this here.

Every time I try to save an amp into the blocks library the software comes up with an error message and stops to function after that.

I've been using this feature in AXE-EDIT for many years, it was working the last time I used the feature a couple of weeks ago and now it's failing and crashing the software; this is really annoying. I haven't made any changes in the software and I checked for updates yesterday evening - it's up-to-date.

Please forward this to the appropriate personnel to fix what appears to be a software bug.

Thanks
Spoons

addedc

Experienced
I started getting time outs again after updating to 9.04, too.

Happened about a year ago but buying a new USB cable that Admin M@tt recommended solved the issue. Not for this one, though.

iaresee

Administrator
Does it happen with every preset or just one? Wondering if it’s a corrupt preset maybe...

Spoons

Inspired
ERROR SOLVED!
(At least the error I've been getting)

I just figured out that the error I've been getting is due to the fact that I had both my Axe-Fx II and the AX8 turned on while using AX8-Edit. I've confirmed multiple times that this error ONLY exists under that condition.

To the people that write the driver software: this is likely to be a problem with the driver not properly configured to distinguish between the USB port using the Axe-Fx II and the USB port accessing the AX8 causing some kind of overlap.

Why do I need to use these devices in this way? I am trying to make "identical" patches in my recently purchased AX8 that I developed over the years in my Axe-Fx II. Since I can't just import the Axe-Fx II patches from my computer, I actually run both the Axe-Fx II and the AX8 units at the same time in conjunction with running both the Axe-Edit and the AX8-Edit at the same time so I can get all the patch settings from Axe-Edit and manually input them into a patch in the AX8-Edit essentially duplicating them.

It is very important that I be able to do this, I have got literally hundreds of different patches, one for every song I play. Please fix it soon so I can continue this without these annoying errors.
Spoons

CC @Michael Pickens

iaresee

Administrator
Hmm. I run both Axe-Edit and AX8-Edit frequently. I do not use the block save feature very much though. I'll test this. Are you Windows or macOS/OS X?

Tim Dillard

new to ax8, but every time I download ax8 edit, the edit screen pops up but doesn’t do anything. Prest ,block,tools, settings,etc does nothing. using window. Any help would be appreciated...

unix-guy

Legend!
new to ax8, but every time I download ax8 edit, the edit screen pops up but doesn’t do anything. Prest ,block,tools, settings,etc does nothing. using window. Any help would be appreciated...
Replying to every thread about AX8-Edit isn't the right way to get help.

Post a new thread for your problem.

My guess is you haven't installed the AX8 drivers.

Tim Dillard

Ok ... did install drive still nothing though... I was able to find a few preset on the forum that I like... thanks for the reply... tim

Top Bottom