AX8 Edit a little buggy?

Brett336

Inspired
I know it takes a little time to get the new HW/SW interface issues sorted out, but when AX8 Edit is connected to my AX8 through my Windows-7 laptop, it continually pauses to communicate every second while the USB is connected. Does anyone else experience this or is the a simple configuration setting that I am overlooking? I don't have this problems on this laptop with Axe Edit and my AxeFXII.

Thanks in advance for the help!

BA

I have not had that issue (running Windows 8.1). Everything works just like Axe Edit and an FX2. Are you pressing foot switches while Edit is live? That will cause "glitches".

I am on a win 7 desktop with no issue...is the USB an older version? Mine is a 2.0 so not even cutting edge with no problem.

Is it when you change the preset\scene\block? Use the pause button to shut off AX8 edit when you use the AX8 foot switches.

I am on a Mac, and note it pauses whenever communication is necessary such as during an edit or setting change. Other than that I don't see it glitching during operation.

Hmm, seems like I am the only one :-( I will try to do some evaluation of my HW/SW driver versions tonight. I did recently do a fresh install of Windows-7 last Summer but everything seemed to work well once I got the correct drivers all sorted out.

The AX8 just sits these and pauses to communicate every second. I am not touching in dials or buttons on the AX8. It starts doing this just and soon and I plug in the USB cable.

I can still edit from the AX8 screen but it is very annoying because of the constant screen pause.

I'll try to troubleshoot and post results.

Thanks!

BA

Well, I just can't figure it out. Reinstalled the AX8 Edit, check all my USB drivers for updates, installed MS updates, restarted the laptop and it's the same problem. When the AX8 is connected through the USB port, the AX8 Edits just continually flashed "please wait - communicating" at a rate of about twice a second.

In between flashing the message at the bottom of the editor, I can click and make edits, but it really annoying and makes it unusable. My AxeFX-II and the Axe Edit work fine. I am out of ideas.

Welcoming any other advice.

Thanks!

BA

Well, I just can't figure it out. Reinstalled the AX8 Edit, check all my USB drivers for updates, installed MS updates, restarted the laptop and it's the same problem. When the AX8 is connected through the USB port, the AX8 Edits just continually flashed "please wait - communicating" at a rate of about twice a second.

In between flashing the message at the bottom of the editor, I can click and make edits, but it really annoying and makes it unusable. My AxeFX-II and the Axe Edit work fine. I am out of ideas.

Thanks!

BA
1°/ Try another USB port.
2°/ Try another USB cable.

I bet on option 2.

Does the "Communicating" message flash on your screen at the same rate as the tempo LED on your AX8?

Thanks!

BA

Did you contact Fractal support? Could be a problem with the USB port...

I tried all three USB ports on the laptop and also two different mew USB cables - no change in the problem. I also changes the tempo on the the AX8 to see if the flashing "Please Wait, Communicating" message changed with it - it did not. It still flashes at about twice per second.

Guess I need to try to reach out to support to see if there are any other ideas.

Thanks for help so far!

BA

I submitted a support ticket this morning. Just as an FYI, I get the same results on three different computers (one laptop and two PC). I did use Fractal BOT to reload FW 1.0 and that was successful. So it seems that the USB does work in that application - but I still have the problem with AX8 Edit.

Please don't tell me to send it back :) I love this thing!

BA

Do you have a cheap or faulty expression pedal attached to the ax8? If so remove it and try

Ya know, that is a great observation. I have two mission expression pedals hooked up that I was using on my MFC and AxeFX-II. Let me disconnect and see it there is a difference. I also think that maybe this became a problem for me once I installed the AX8 onto my pedal board set up. Let me try this and I'll post result.

Thanks for all the help up to this point - this forum is excellent!

BA

I don't know if that could affect the usb connection but I noticed that a cheap pedal that i had caused fluctuations on the parameters it was linked to.
Also if you have other fx pedals connected to the ax8 maybe it could be an interference caused by their power supply that comes into the ax8 through the ground connection

Back
Top Bottom