AX8-Edit 1.9.1

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
AX8-Edit 1.9.1 is now live on the website and auto-update.

MacOS users please note: If updating from 1.8.7 or earlier, please update directly from the Fractal Audio website. The auto-update functionality was changed in 1.9.0 to use the now standard installable .dmg file format. Previous editor versions assumed the .pkg format and will show an error message upon attempting to auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/ax8-edit-software-editor.php

AX8-EDIT RELEASE NOTES - PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE USING THE APPLICATION

In general after updating: If AX8-Edit does not connect to your AX8, manually de-select and re-select the ports under Settings: Preferences: General. If AX8-Edit does not show new AX8 parameters after a firmware update, do a Block Definitions refresh under Settings: Preferences: Refresh

Release 1.9.1
September 26, 2019

REQUIRES AX8 Firmware Quantum 6.00 or newer.

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed a bug in the MacOS version in which right-clicking on an occupied grid block quickly showed and then hid the context menu.

On Windows 10 - the Control-arrow functionality is gone. Not sure what all this applies to, but I definitely see that in the Controller screen, adjusting the level of a Scene Controller, holding down the Ctrl key while hitting an up or down arrow does not adjust in smaller increments. It used to do that. It just adjusts in the normal (larger) increments, as if the Ctrl key were not depressed.

On Windows 10 - the Control-arrow functionality is gone. Not sure what all this applies to, but I definitely see that in the Controller screen, adjusting the level of a Scene Controller, holding down the Ctrl key while hitting an up or down arrow does not adjust in smaller increments. It used to do that. It just adjusts in the normal (larger) increments, as if the Ctrl key were not depressed.
I can't reproduce this issue. It's working normally here on both Win 10 and Win 7.

Never mind. I cannot reproduce this after restarting AX8Edit.

Hello all,

Whenever I try to open AX8-edit Version 1.9.1 on my macOS Catalina it wouldn't and it gives me a message saying (("AX8-Edit.app" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact your developer for more information.))

How can I fix that?

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 4.15.31 PM.png
Thank you so much,

Hello all,

Whenever I try to open AX8-edit Version 1.9.1 on my macOS Catalina it wouldn't and it gives me a message saying (("AX8-Edit.app" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact your developer for more information.))

How can I fix that?

View attachment 58983
Thank you so much,

I'm having the same problem. I"m not very tech savy so a bit confused. I will say my MacAir is 7 years old so I'm about to buy another Air that runs Catalina. Do you think I'll have the same problem with a brand new Air running on Catalina? Other suggestions. thx

Hello everyone!

I have an issue with the AX-8 editor. I have a new Mac with 10.15.4 OS. I can't get the editor to run as I get a message that the software needs to be updated. I don't think there will be an update as this software is now discontinued. Is there a workaround for this???

Cheers!

Attachments

• AX8-Needs Update.png
    AX8-Needs Update.png
    536.1 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom