AX8-Edit 1.9.0

Just be aware, many of our usb-midi keyboards, interfaces are likely 32bit.
In Catalina they will not load drivers that are not 64bit In Mac
No word from yamaha (CP4) or Roland uf midi interface when I inquired the support line.
It’s not just apps that Catalina won’t support.

I think the only benefit is that it’s 64 bit and will work with Mojave once Apple goes straight 64bit and 32 bit apps will not be compatible.

Anyone else having problems with right click/control click on MacBook after this update? When right clicking on blocks, the menu shows for like 0,5 seconds but then disappears. This is when using the touch pad. Haven’t tried with a mouse.

Other than that; Thank you so much, Fractal, for updating to 64-bit!

While I certainly appreciate any update to our AX8's I'm a bit hesitant. Everything running well right now so a bit concerned about changing. My question is, are the benefits really there with an incredible difference, or would it be minimal change if I download?
thx

While I certainly appreciate any update to our AX8's I'm a bit hesitant. Everything running well right now so a bit concerned about changing. My question is, are the benefits really there with an incredible difference, or would it be minimal change if I download?
thx
You know this thread is about AX8-Edit, right? :)

yep. just wondering how it's being received.

thx

It works. Regarding your specific questions:

...are the benefits really there...?
Yes. Exactly as advertized in the release notes.

...with an incredible difference...?"
It's a rewrite to make it work with certain versions of Mac computers. I guess that's an "incredible difference" if you have the newer Mac. :)

...or would it be minimal change if I download?
This won't change the way the AX8 sounds.

So no reason to take the update then if I'm running windows right?
There's no need to update if you're running Windows, other than the fact that, two months from now, you might think "Hey, I'm not running the current version. I wonder why. :)

I have 2 issues with the Ax8 Edit 1.9 (Mac 10.12.6)
1.The right click that opens the block menu pops up and then immediately goes away.
2. when saving and naming a block, the cursor doesn't show up.
Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom