AX8-Edit 1.8.4 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
AX8-Edit 1.8.4 is now live on the website and auto-update.

Please note: When updating to firmware 8.02 Release from firmware 8.02 Public Beta, please be sure to run "Refresh after new FW" from the Settings menu of AX8-Edit to get the latest block definitions.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/ax8-edit-software-editor.php

Release Notes

New Features
1. Added additional support for firmware Quantum 8.02.
a. Removed the Dry Delay parameter from the Flanger as it has never been functional in the AX8.

For the first time since owning the AX8 I am having AX8-Edit problems. I don't get a timeout notice or anything but it just becomes unresponsive and I have to close it and re-open it just to have it do it again after maybe twenty minutes. I'm using the same computer and cables as always with Windows 10

I just had another issue, I turned the low res frequency down and my volume went up and then it stopped working again. Anyone have any recommendations besides using another USB cable? Should I report it as a possible bug? Anyone else experiencing this issue? Thanks

I just had another issue, I turned the low res frequency down and my volume went up and then it stopped working again. Anyone have any recommendations besides using another USB cable? Should I report it as a possible bug? Anyone else experiencing this issue? Thanks

If you have another computer maybe you can try another OS. I'm guessing that it's because of the win 10.

If you have another computer maybe you can try another OS. I'm guessing that it's because of the win 10.
Could be, but I've ran all the other editor versions with this computer and Windows 10 as well with no problems. No problems with my Axe FxII running latest firmware and editor.

I had one issue since upgrading. I stomped on switch 1 which is set to toggle between S1 and S2 and I lost all sound. No amount of patch swapping volume tinkering, guitar swapping or lead reseating fixed hte issue. Started and stopped AX8 Edit and no difference. Pulled hte USB out and still no difference. Reset the MOTU interface - no difference. Finally turned the unit (AX8 off and on) and the sound came back. I have been unable to recreate this issue. Hopefully it is a once off event.

I still have to restart my AX8 every time I sit down to play guitar so it will communicate with AX8 Edit but that has been a consistent issue for the last six months and apparently I'm the only one with the issue.

Back
Top Bottom