AX8-Edit 1.8.0 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
AX8-Edit 1.8.0 is now live on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/ax8-edit-software-editor.php

Release Notes

New Features

1. Increased the size of the Auto-Update dialog to allow more space for the current release notes.

2. Added the Learn parameter to the PITCH block's "Cust. Shift" type for firmware Quantum 6.03 or greater.

3. Modified the AMP block's "Power Amp" tab.
a. Added "PI Bias Shift" for connected devices running Quantum 7.00 or greater.
b. Moved "Pwr Tube Grid Bias" from the "Power Sply" page to the "Power Amp" page.
c. Moved "MV Cap" next to the "MV Location" parameter.
d. Added the "Presence Shift" button for the USA PRE LD2 models.

4. Added a small arrowhead symbol next to the "Scene" label. Clicking this arrow displays the scene context menu. The context menu is still displayed by right-clicking any of the scene buttons.

5. Grid Navigation Mode allows the keyboard up/down/left/right keys to move freely throughout the grid. When Grid Navigation Mode is enabled, the grid will be highlighted with a dashed yellow rectangle.
a. In Grid Navigation Mode selected blocks will not query and display their associated parameters. However, keyboard shortcuts such as SPACE and X will allow block states to be toggled.
b. Grid Navigation Mode will remain enabled while blocks are inserted, connected, or scenes are changed (either by keyboard shortcuts or buttons) for quick preset building.
c. Grid Navigation Mode also remains enabled during preset changing, saving, and other operations until explicitly turned off.
d. To enter Grid Navigation Mode:
i. SHIFT+CTRL+G (Windows)
ii. SHIFT+CMD+G (OSX)
e. To exit Grid Navigation Mode:
i. ESC will exit without selecting anything.
ii. ENTER will exit causing the currently selected block to query and display its parameters.
iii. Selecting the CONTROLLERS button will exit and display the CONTROLLERS parameters.

6. Removed the confirmation dialog that is displayed before Block Definitions are read in favor of displaying a bubble message at the top of the editor screen. The message will show for 10 seconds before automatically disappearing.

Bug Fixes

1. MIDI PCs for scenes 5 through 8 are now correctly displayed upon changing presets.

Possible bug in Axe-Edit:

when a modifier is attached to the Delay block's "Feedback" parameter (not "Master Feedback"), the Delay block's other parameters become unresponsive in Axe-Edit, when the Delay block has the focus. There's a continuous MIDI data stream.

I did not see it in the release notes, but I can now start AX8-Edit on my Mac after the AX8 is already powered on. I always used to get an error message and was required to start AX8-Edit first.

Yes this does seem to have a more stable connection on my Mac than the last version. I was able to leave everything plugged in after playing on Sunday and come back to it yesterday and it still worked.

Back
Top Bottom