AX8-Edit 1.7.1 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
AX8-Edit 1.7.1 is now live on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/ax8-edit-software-editor.php

Release Notes

Bug Fixes:
  1. Top-level menu item "Tools / Export As Text / Preset List..." now queries the preset names, if needed, before exporting the list. Corrected the exported list's numbering to reflect the bank-preset number of the AX8.
  2. Top-level menu item "Tools / Export As Text / Factory Cabs List..." and "Tools / Export As Text / User Cabs List..." now queries the desired cabinet names, if needed, before exporting the list. Updated the exported list's numbering to include either the prefix "U" or "F" to reflect the cabinet category.

Would it be too much to ask (again) that the installer uses the previous install path and not the default one?

Thanks.

Was update (on OS) AX8 to Q6.02 and AX8 Edit , was refresh all , still ax-edit doesn't connect with device . Help.

Last edited:
Any chance the default scene setting will make it into AX8 Edit soon? Ideally right click a scene button and click set to default.

Has anyone else been having an issue with the connection being unstable with this release? I never had an issue with the old one (granted I only had it a few weeks), but I've had to restart AX8-Edit and the device every time I use it before the two will connect.

Has anyone else been having an issue with the connection being unstable with this release? I never had an issue with the old one (granted I only had it a few weeks), but I've had to restart AX8-Edit and the device every time I use it before the two will connect.
A little bit. I find a restart of both resolves the issue for a whole session. Definitely worth a tweak for the update.

Im having a lot connection problems with my AX8. I added a screenshot of the ERROR message. Is this a known issue or something, that could be fixed here in my end? Restarting AX8 resolves this, but this happens daily and is getting little annoying.

I have Macbook Pro 2015 with El Capitan OS.

Attachments

• Näyttökuva 2017-02-26 kello 8.32.56.png
    Näyttökuva 2017-02-26 kello 8.32.56.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 7
Im having a lot connection problems with my AX8. I added a screenshot of the ERROR message. Is this a known issue or something, that could be fixed here in my end? Restarting AX8 resolves this, but this happens daily and is getting little annoying.

I have Macbook Pro 2015 with El Capitan OS.

There are many threads about this already.
Some people just have to live with it for now,
others found relief through: a) Killing Chrome and subprocess, b) trying different cable/ port.
Neither work for me, but hopefully they work for you.

I always start AX8 Edit with my USB cable connected before powering up the AX8 because if I don't, 90+% of the time I get a communication error message. It may be because I have a 6 ft USB cable, which I believe is the recommended length limit.

There are many threads about this already.
Some people just have to live with it for now,
others found relief through: a) Killing Chrome and subprocess, b) trying different cable/ port.
Neither work for me, but hopefully they work for you.

Strangely enough, just plugging in my laptop seems to have fixed my comm issues. No amount of maxing power settings on everything or even disabling power management of all ports/drivers helped.

RR

The maximum allowed length for a USB 2 cable is five meters (just over 16 feet).

FractalAudio stated: "...the AX-8 is USB 1.1...".

That still allows 3 meters, but maybe this is where I got the "recommended" length from:

I never trust a USB cable longer than 10 ft.
I use 6 ft. cables for all critical artist work.

It really does not explain why I have to power up the AX8 after AX8 Edit, but that works for me.

Cheers

All I know is when I got my AX8 in December, the connection was rock solid until 1.7.1 as released, then it's been iffy. It's not a deal breaker but annoying. On the other hand I am trying to do as much programming on the AX8 as possible to learn the interface and it's less distracting.

Back
Top Bottom