AX8 drops bass and has to be turned off and on again.

Hook6410

Wondered if anyone can help? I have an AX8 that's about 3 years old and has always been fine. It now occasionally sounds like all the bass has dropped out of it but after switching it off and on again its fine for a while but then does it again? I have an MP3 of it but can't upload it here.

I have reset it and wiped everything and reinstalled factory settings and it still does it. and ideas from anyone?

Hi guys thanks for your replies. Yes it happens on all presets. I have found that switching presets resets the sound as well as turning it off and back on again.. I have tried reseating the XLR cables as well. I play through an EV cab but this problem happens when I record through logic as well.

Is there a Wah in the presets? I occasionally have an issue where the expression pedal modifier doesn’t track properly such that even when pedal is at one extreme, the modifier is neither 0% nor 100%. When this happens I reset the modifier and all is good.

Is there a Wah in the presets? I occasionally have an issue where the expression pedal modifier doesn’t track properly such that even when pedal is at one extreme, the modifier is neither 0% nor 100%. When this happens I reset the modifier and all is good.
This... Common issue.

Bloody hell Exocet!!!
Yes there is a wah block in the presets!!
I will check that today and see what happens. Thanks so much. I will let you know.

Deleted all the wah blocks from all presets and been playing it for an hour and all seems fine. May I thank all of you heroes on here especially Exocet for saving my buying an FM3!!

That’s good to hear. You might want to experiment with adding the Wah (filter block) back into a preset. One thing to check will be the modifier operation....how it tracks the Expression Pedal up and down the full range. Is the Expression pedal calibrated ? There is a process to do this but it is contained in the Ax8 onboard menu and not Ax8 edit. Then check the Wah On / Off position I.e Toe Down or Toe Up. Once you do that it should be reliable most of the time.

Thanks Exocet. The expression pedal wasn't plugged in when this problem was happening. I will plug it in and its already been calibrated and add the way block again.
Thanks again.

That would explain it, without the expression pedal being connected but with a modifier set to use the external pedal, there would be a “floating voltage” that would give rise to unpredictable results.

Thanks mate. Forum turned out to have a better result than contacting Fractal direct. Never really used forums before. Used to piss me off when companies asked to “visit our forums for answers”
You wouldn’t want to be in a shop and ask the sales assistant a question and they say “ why don’t you go and ask that other customer over there”
Thanks all. Case closed.

Back
Top Bottom