AX8 Drives

Mmm sounds like some lab work for me. Let me take a shot at it. I've had some awesome luck with sustain and feedback with low volumes as well as the cleanup with the volume knob.

I usually accomplish this with the assistance of a compressor and then back it down via expression pedal if need be. Just curious LancerS, you mentioned a few different sounds from pro artists in this thread. Which do you feel is the hardest to get using the AX8 vs. your real amp?

I've really leaned on the drive blocks and the compressor to get me where I need to be with any amp in the Fractal line up. The compressor is what usually helps give me that sustain you're talking about and the drive tightens it up with a bit more zip. I don't over use either of them.

(I have two compressor videos that I've shared that show you how to get some mean sustain out of it...may be helpful.)

But give me a few examples on tones you're looking for. I seriously want to see if any of my methods may help things a little.

And by the way, I think what you offered here by way of your personal experience is super helpful. You never know when Cliff may read something like what you wrote, try some things out, have a Ecliffany (that's what I call his epiphanies these days lol) and he changes things around. You know how passionate he is about the stuff. ;)

Laying it out like you did tells it the way you experienced it and you explained it well. Feedback like that in my opinion is what helps to feed the Fractal machine to excellence.

Whenever someone shares an opinion and gives examples without being a pompous dick....those are the opinions that have the most value. I sure do appreciate them when they are delivered like that....so you have at least one new fan! :)

Danny,
Thank you for getting where I was going...I just kind of always wondered especially with the Mesa MK II c+ why Fractal wouldn't try and capture the control section which is the secret to these amps really. It took me a year to learn how to make mine sound the way I wanted which is key...the way the individual musician wants to hear they're sound. That is the beauty of the amp as I suspect there are other amps in AX8 which probably respond similarly. I never really used the amp for the over the top Metallica sound some people liked...I always had a balance between my clean and lead channels which gave me the best of both worlds. Just really loved that Mesa sustain like you hear from Carlos Santana and Steve Lukather.

Interestingly enough, i found this thread on the net from previous discussion on the Fractal forum (https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-usa-iic-and-iic-mesa-boogie-mark-iic.115442/) where Cliff went into pretty great depth as to how he modeled the controls for the Axe Fx....he gets it, it makes for a great read trying to understand the amp controls but I'm not sure how this translates to the AX8...but it does underscore my point which was why not just model the actual tone controls instead of having to manipulate extensively the modeling parameters? That way you wouldn't need any drives...not sure about the physics involved in replicating natural tube compression.

We also have a mutual friend....Rodger Hunt. We've been friends for a long time and I know you and him go back a ways. Rodger visits from time to time and I can't ever get him off the AX8....Lol

What did you play your Ax8 thru? Were you playing thru the same speaker with a flat power amp? Guitar speakers are very beamy and your tonal result will depend a lot on the room and where you stand relative to the speaker.
I am playing right now thru Pre Sonus E-8's for programming and studio (which I have grown to really like) and live through my Presonus Studio Live 16 channel flat out to FOH a pair of Presonus AIR12 powered FRFR speakers (you can digitally program these speakers and I think they are as good to my ear as the QSC's).

I guess I've never heard that from any amp.

With Volume and Lead Master cranked, nudging the Master up from zero will quickly drive the amp louder than human conversation. :)

Yes..."nudging" the Master up from zero can cut your face off too...it can hurt you for real...Lol

I guess I've never heard that from any amp.

Indeed.

Danny,
Thank you for getting where I was going...I just kind of always wondered especially with the Mesa MK II c+ why Fractal wouldn't try and capture the control section which is the secret to these amps really. It took me a year to learn how to make mine sound the way I wanted which is key...the way the individual musician wants to hear they're sound. That is the beauty of the amp as I suspect there are other amps in AX8 which probably respond similarly. I never really used the amp for the over the top Metallica sound some people liked...I always had a balance between my clean and lead channels which gave me the best of both worlds. Just really loved that Mesa sustain like you hear from Carlos Santana and Steve Lukather.

Interestingly enough, i found this thread on the net from previous discussion on the Fractal forum (https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-usa-iic-and-iic-mesa-boogie-mark-iic.115442/) where Cliff went into pretty great depth as to how he modeled the controls for the Axe Fx....he gets it, it makes for a great read trying to understand the amp controls but I'm not sure how this translates to the AX8...but it does underscore my point which was why not just model the actual tone controls instead of having to manipulate extensively the modeling parameters? That way you wouldn't need any drives...not sure about the physics involved in replicating natural tube compression.

We also have a mutual friend....Rodger Hunt. We've been friends for a long time and I know you and him go back a ways. Rodger visits from time to time and I can't ever get him off the AX8....Lol

I thought your name looked familiar. ;) Well I can't really speak for any of the modeling or how close it should or shouldn't be. I totally get those that are really looking for that authentic tone. However, as I had mentioned in another post...I take this stuff on not paying much attention to any of the names. I just tweak until I get what I'm looking for. I know that method isn't for everyone though...and if you have the real amp, you're kinda hoping our stuff comes close.

I don't know about any of that...but I just sat here and messed around with the Mesa II c+ and actually have a really cool tone with it using the things you have mentioned that you felt were lacking. Is it the same as your Mesa and does it even sound like one? I don't know, but it sounds really healthy and I'm able to get sustain at low volume as well as that clean up when you roll back your guitar volume for both cleaner and dirty sounds. I do this leaving a drive block and a compressor on at all times and am actually impressed with how this sounds. I hate this amp and hated it in real life when I had one. LOL!

I'm one of those 80's guys like Roger...I like that compressed, processed tone but like it to breathe along the lines of EVH saturation, George Lynch and say, maybe Nuno. I've managed to get this amp to sound like anything I want using all stock settings other than removing a little mid, and pushing a little low end. Turning the bright and the boost off makes a huge difference and this is awesome for that Stevie type of sound, though I couldn't tell you what his tone sounds like and I certainly can't play like him....but man with strat or full humbucker, this is pretty tight.

That said, the way I have the compressor, gives me a nice tight sound. Probably too tight for what you may be looking for. So dropping my threshold down a little gives you that "blues lash out" sort of tone. The drive block I chose, the 808, gives the amp just a slight push and helps bring out some harmonic value as well as removing some of the lazy low end dirt it has. The drive block just brings it to life without pushing things much. It's almost like the bright switch, but it just tightens up the drive.

Leaving all that alone and just turning off bright, boost and lowering the gain to 3, master to 6 is all I have to do for a nice strat sound that cleans up when you lower the volume. For the more high gain stuff, gain at 5, bright on, boost on, master voluem at 4 or below to take out some of the honky mids, nothing else touched and this amp kills.

I can post a little video of me going through some sounds if you want and you can see how my drive and comp is set up? It's probably not a sound you may like, but again, it has all the things you said the amp was lacking....and to my ears, I'd use this sound. It took about 6 minutes to come up with using one of my presets, resetting the amp block and just messing minimally. It's probably not what you're looking for, but it may inspire you to dig deeper and get closer to what you're looking for. :)

Tell ole Roger I was asking for him....great guy....I love him and his wife. I went to see him in 05-06 I believe....they treated me like royalty. :D

I thought your name looked familiar. ;) Well I can't really speak for any of the modeling or how close it should or shouldn't be. I totally get those that are really looking for that authentic tone. However, as I had mentioned in another post...I take this stuff on not paying much attention to any of the names. I just tweak until I get what I'm looking for. I know that method isn't for everyone though...and if you have the real amp, you're kinda hoping our stuff comes close.

I don't know about any of that...but I just sat here and messed around with the Mesa II c+ and actually have a really cool tone with it using the things you have mentioned that you felt were lacking. Is it the same as your Mesa and does it even sound like one? I don't know, but it sounds really healthy and I'm able to get sustain at low volume as well as that clean up when you roll back your guitar volume for both cleaner and dirty sounds. I do this leaving a drive block and a compressor on at all times and am actually impressed with how this sounds. I hate this amp and hated it in real life when I had one. LOL!

I'm one of those 80's guys like Roger...I like that compressed, processed tone but like it to breathe along the lines of EVH saturation, George Lynch and say, maybe Nuno. I've managed to get this amp to sound like anything I want using all stock settings other than removing a little mid, and pushing a little low end. Turning the bright and the boost off makes a huge difference and this is awesome for that Stevie type of sound, though I couldn't tell you what his tone sounds like and I certainly can't play like him....but man with strat or full humbucker, this is pretty tight.

That said, the way I have the compressor, gives me a nice tight sound. Probably too tight for what you may be looking for. So dropping my threshold down a little gives you that "blues lash out" sort of tone. The drive block I chose, the 808, gives the amp just a slight push and helps bring out some harmonic value as well as removing some of the lazy low end dirt it has. The drive block just brings it to life without pushing things much. It's almost like the bright switch, but it just tightens up the drive.

Leaving all that alone and just turning off bright, boost and lowering the gain to 3, master to 6 is all I have to do for a nice strat sound that cleans up when you lower the volume. For the more high gain stuff, gain at 5, bright on, boost on, master voluem at 4 or below to take out some of the honky mids, nothing else touched and this amp kills.

I can post a little video of me going through some sounds if you want and you can see how my drive and comp is set up? It's probably not a sound you may like, but again, it has all the things you said the amp was lacking....and to my ears, I'd use this sound. It took about 6 minutes to come up with using one of my presets, resetting the amp block and just messing minimally. It's probably not what you're looking for, but it may inspire you to dig deeper and get closer to what you're looking for. :)

Tell ole Roger I was asking for him....great guy....I love him and his wife. I went to see him in 05-06 I believe....they treated me like royalty. :D

Danny,
I'd be very interested in hearing what you have came up with....Did you happen to get a chance and view the link where Cliff is talking about the MK II's controls I sent you? Seems like it was in response to an Axe Fx thread but it had alot of insight and did go into the physical part of getting the Axe Fx to sustain like the Mark IIC+.

Funny you had this amp as well...most tempermental gadget I've ever owned. Hey I am down with the 80's sound...love it. Just a fan of that pure liquid tone drenched sustain which is elusive...

Rodger is actually going to be here next week....we have had some great fun over the years....when I met him he was like a clean cut Clark Kent business man by day, Friggin :smilingimp:Madman Rocker by night down in West Palm Beach...Lol My buddy says "Hey you want to go check this band out practicing at this warehouse...they're pretty good?'' I'm like...whatever. That was 20 years ago.

Thank you for being so responsive to everyone here...I really enjoy the dialogue in that most of us on here have been doing this a while and appreciate the technology which still just blows me away every time I turn this thing on...drives and all...:sunglasses: I'll look forward to looking at the video when you get the time.

Thanks Danny!

I am playing right now thru Pre Sonus E-8's for programming and studio (which I have grown to really like) and live through my Presonus Studio Live 16 channel flat out to FOH a pair of Presonus AIR12 powered FRFR speakers (you can digitally program these speakers and I think they are as good to my ear as the QSC's).
Great speakers but they won't sound at all like sitting in the same room as the combo!

@LancerS, I don't really see, where Cliff mentions anything but to use the controls on the AX8 just as you would use the controls on the real amp. I never played one of these, but I am pretty sure, it is always Fractals goal to make the controls work exactly as on the real amps.

Thanks for your reply.

What Im looking for is a Drive that sounds good into a clean Fender, Laney or Peavey Amp.

Something that turns a spanky clean sound into a edge of break up Marshall / Vox sound. I have the following pedals that do the job pretty well, OCD, OD3, Mesa Flux Drive, BD2, Wampler Plexi.

Im not a metal guy so the TS808 into the Dual Rec application doesnt apply to me. Im a classic rock guy.

Basically I want to leave my drives at home and use the AX8 as a complete solution wether Im running direct, into an amp, into the effects loop or any combination.

Cheers

Before the AX8 my main rig was a brownface vibroverb, a Wampler Plexi Drive, a Keeley BD2, and a King of Tone (and some other pedals for delay, reverb, etc...). I miss a lot playing the way I did with that setup: clean and a lot of shades of dirty (never too much, I'm a blues, rock and pop player and I never use too much gain) with the pedals. I've almost nailed the clean part of the equation but haven't found a way to make dirty sounds to sound integrate with it. If I try dirty models they sound a big departure from the clean one and If I try drive pedals I can't find anything that sounds like my analog pedals did: an extension to my base tone enhacing it without loosing it's caracter. I've started to play in a U2 tribute band and there I've been having less troubles using the TS and the BB preamp (and tube driver and big muff for harder sounds) but with my other band sometimes I think of going back and start usings my pedals again.

Danny,
I'd be very interested in hearing what you have came up with....Did you happen to get a chance and view the link where Cliff is talking about the MK II's controls I sent you? Seems like it was in response to an Axe Fx thread but it had alot of insight and did go into the physical part of getting the Axe Fx to sustain like the Mark IIC+.

Funny you had this amp as well...most tempermental gadget I've ever owned. Hey I am down with the 80's sound...love it. Just a fan of that pure liquid tone drenched sustain which is elusive...

Rodger is actually going to be here next week....we have had some great fun over the years....when I met him he was like a clean cut Clark Kent business man by day, Friggin :smilingimp:Madman Rocker by night down in West Palm Beach...Lol My buddy says "Hey you want to go check this band out practicing at this warehouse...they're pretty good?'' I'm like...whatever. That was 20 years ago.

Thank you for being so responsive to everyone here...I really enjoy the dialogue in that most of us on here have been doing this a while and appreciate the technology which still just blows me away every time I turn this thing on...drives and all...:sunglasses: I'll look forward to looking at the video when you get the time.

Thanks Danny!

Check this out and see what you think. Sorry about the bad playing...too early for me! Wifey to be got up late for work and forgot to put the gate up in my hallway. The dogs jumped me (140 lb rottie and a little 8 lb shorkie) at 6:40 am and I've been up ever since. I think I'm gonna go rest now as I don't have a client until 2 today. :)

Yeah, I remember hearing that amp at the store...liking it, taking it home, messing with it for about 24 hours, and just giving up. I took it back and got a full refund thankfully. The problem was, when I listened in the store, the cab was at my feet. When I listened at home, I had a stack and the slant cab was at my ears...so I could actually hear it. Ugh! I can't believe people actually make them sound good.

Ah no problem on the responsive thing. I try to help when I can. Certain things I can really help out with. Other things like all the stuff the Ax can do, you wanna hit up yek, Chris, or Moke...those dudes are pure sickness as far as knowing the capabilities and limitations. I'm just a "fly by the seat of your pants" type of guy that plays around until something sounds as good as it can. ;) Take care!

Check this out and see what you think. Sorry about the bad playing...too early for me! Wifey to be got up late for work and forgot to put the gate up in my hallway. The dogs jumped me (140 lb rottie and a little 8 lb shorkie) at 6:40 am and I've been up ever since. I think I'm gonna go rest now as I don't have a client until 2 today. :)

Yeah, I remember hearing that amp at the store...liking it, taking it home, messing with it for about 24 hours, and just giving up. I took it back and got a full refund thankfully. The problem was, when I listened in the store, the cab was at my feet. When I listened at home, I had a stack and the slant cab was at my ears...so I could actually hear it. Ugh! I can't believe people actually make them sound good.

Ah no problem on the responsive thing. I try to help when I can. Certain things I can really help out with. Other things like all the stuff the Ax can do, you wanna hit up yek, Chris, or Moke...those dudes are pure sickness as far as knowing the capabilities and limitations. I'm just a "fly by the seat of your pants" type of guy that plays around until something sounds as good as it can. ;) Take care!

Danny, thank you very much for your explanations. Your video is one of the best sounding with a simple preset that sounds incredible to me just with a few tweaks (and of course I don´t forgive your playin...maybe one day I´ll play like you when I wake up my friend!! )

I don´t speak english very well but I think I understood what you are trying to transmit. I don´t need the tone match, I don´t need a Kemper (and I know that sounds great), because I don´t want to "copy" nobody sounds because even with my guitar heros real gear I will never sound like them.

So I have my Ax8 and a bunch of wonderfull tools inside to sound like (crappy) me, and one of the things that I realize thousands years ago is that there´s a lot of guitarrists with poor technique with the best gear that sounds horrible and what still mesmerizes me is to see a great guitar player with a simple gear sounding amazing.

It´s one of the things that I saw in your video, your playing makes the Ax8 (or whatever you use) sounding incredible, even being a quick sample of your playing.

Thank you for make this tool better, it´s up to us to make it sound better...

P.S. sorry for my English!!

Danny, thank you very much for your explanations. Your video is one of the best sounding with a simple preset that sounds incredible to me just with a few tweaks (and of course I don´t forgive your playin...maybe one day I´ll play like you when I wake up my friend!! )

I don´t speak english very well but I think I understood what you are trying to transmit. I don´t need the tone match, I don´t need a Kemper (and I know that sounds great), because I don´t want to "copy" nobody sounds because even with my guitar heros real gear I will never sound like them.

So I have my Ax8 and a bunch of wonderfull tools inside to sound like (crappy) me, and one of the things that I realize thousands years ago is that there´s a lot of guitarrists with poor technique with the best gear that sounds horrible and what still mesmerizes me is to see a great guitar player with a simple gear sounding amazing.

It´s one of the things that I saw in your video, your playing makes the Ax8 (or whatever you use) sounding incredible, even being a quick sample of your playing.

Thank you for make this tool better, it´s up to us to make it sound better...

P.S. sorry for my English!!

What a great message, thanks @danthrax ! That was so kind of you to say! :D And you're English is fine...much better than my Spanish! (I took Spanish in school and didn't do too well)

You're right in what you say. Actually, you've said some of the most important things about tone that people need to remember. However, though good technique and playing is and always will be super important, having a good tone is important too. Sort of like a bad girlfriend and a good girlfriend. The bad girlfriend is not going to inspire you....unless anger, depression and being let down is something you enjoy writing about. LOL! The good girlfriend is going to inspire you, make you happy you're a man, give you incentive, make you happy, all the things a good tone gives us.

There are quite a few players I feel lack skill as players yet are good writers. Cobain....not a very good player, kinda sloppy...but good guitar tone for the time, and....most importantly, like him or hate him, he inspired a generation. Neil Young....not a great player, but, good songs and a pretty cool tone when he needs to get down and dirty. Mick Mars from Motley Crue....never impressed me as a lead player, but I've always liked his tone. You get the idea. :)

Yeah I try to do things simple to where just about anyone can understand and they should be able to copy from the video without needing the preset. It's best when we learn by going through everything ourselves. To me the hardest thing is always finding the right speaker impulse....so I make my own. I only have about 10 or 12, but that seems to be all I need for the stuff I play.

It's funny, I was at a back yard barbecue a few years back. This dude had some little cube practice amp or something. I plugged in and started playing and someone did a video of it. When they posted it on this guitar site I belong to, everyone was saying "dude, you still sound like you even in that little amp!" So, I sound like "crappy me" no matter what I play through these days. LOL!

But here's the thing to remember...and this is important. When you achieve an identity in your playing to where you are remaining consistent and sound like you through just about anything, that is a trait that is really special. It's like having a "tone fingerprint" in your sound. I've been searching for my sound for so long, I've gotten the closest to perfect as I can with my Fractal gear. Little did I know, I've had a sound all along. The sound of "me". Sometimes that's good, other times it's VERY bad! ;) Thanks again for your reply and kind words. I hope the video helped you and you too can get a similar sound without doing much. :)

Danny,

Thanks for taking the time to make the video...!!! Really enjoy watching you go through the process of tweaking the presets for the tones you are going for; plenty of sustain for sure.
One of these days (like after I get my EVM 12L reconed) I'll make a video of the Mark IIC+ to illustrate the kind of sustain that comes out of the amp. The real beauty of the amp besides it's versatility was / is how you could set up the clean channel to be like the AX8 / EJ Clean preset and then go with a flick of the foot switch go to the same in your face rock tones you had going in your video.

Got a good laugh out of your story about buying the Boogie amp and then taking it back. I felt the same way about it for a few months until I started to understand how it worked. I have to be honest here and say I felt the same way about the AX8 up until I had the time to really focus on diving into it to better understand how it worked instead of just relying on the stock presets as well as the ones I was downloading to get me where I wanted to go. Now every time I turn it on I am inspired which is hard for most of us to come by these days.

It goes back to what you were saying to Jose earlier in the thread, the greatest compliment we will ever get as musicians is to be recognized for being ourselves and developing our own style, and with the help of a great Fractal Community from everyone who contributes here, especially people like yourself...our own sound.

Thank you for helping us to open our eyes a little wider...Look me up if your ever in P.C.

@LancerS, I don't really see, where Cliff mentions anything but to use the controls on the AX8 just as you would use the controls on the real amp. I never played one of these, but I am pretty sure, it is always Fractals goal to make the controls work exactly as on the real amps.
Smittefar,
Here is the conversation I found where I believe the same Cliff (and I could be wrong) from Fractal was either having a conversation with Doug West (one of Mesa Boogies chief designers and testers) regarding tweaking the Axe Fx II / Mark IIC+ preset to respond like the real amp as follows:

Cliff:
"If you want the sound of the non-SimulClass version set Triode 1 Plate Freq to 1350 Hz."

It has a single input, 6L6 power tubes, reverb and 2 channels: Rhythm and Lead.

The main controls are Volume (pull: Bright), Treble (pull: Shift = Fat), Bass (pull: Shift), Middle, Presence, Master rhythm (pull: Deep), Lead Drive and Master Lead (pull: Bright).

Cliff:
"The Pull Bright on the Volume knob is the classic "Bright Cap" which engages a capacitor across the potentiometer. This is already modeled in the Axe-Fx via the Bright Switch. The Pull Bright on the Lead Master knob engages a 0.22uF cap on the cathode of the last triode in the overdrive circuit. As there is no switch for this in the Axe-Fx it requires a separate model. Cathode caps are very common in tube amps. If the value is large the stage has more gain and the response is relatively flat. If the value is small the stage has more gain at higher frequencies. Amp designers use cathode caps to shape the frequency response. Caps in the range of 0.1 to 1.0 uF are commonly used to reduce bass response. A cathode cap works by decreasing the amount of negative feedback through shunting higher frequencies to ground. This reduced negative feedback increases the gain (and reduces linearity). FWIW the Axe-Fx is the only modeler of which I'm aware that actually models triodes using a feedback technique. Other modelers use static waveshapers. The Axe-Fx triode models incorporate feedback so if there is a virtual cathode cap the stage is less linear in addition to having more gain."

Cliff:
"The key to a good Boogie sound, IMO, is the Fat Switch. This is the Treble Pull Shift on the IIC+ and the Pull Fat on the Mark IV. Mesa knew this and the Lead 2 modes on the Triaxis all had the treble shift engaged by default."

"The IIC+ does not have a gain boost and doesn't need one. There is plenty of gain. The Pull Deep switch engages a large cathode cap on the final triode stage. With Pull Deep off there is actually a shelving response into the power amp (bass is reduced)."

"To emulate Pull Shift on the Bass control: "Put a Tilt EQ before the amp block with a frequency of 320 Hz and a gain of -3 dB. Set the Level to +3 dB".

You can tell that he put a lot of time into understanding the circuitry involved with the amp....Take care

I think, I understand, what you want now. Basically, you would like an interface with the same knobs and options as the real amp rather than have four different models and to have to mess with Tilt EQ and Triode Plate Frequency. I get that, and I agree, it is very easy to get lost in the AX8 and AX8edit user interfaces. For messing around with different amps, I prefer to use AxeLive software. It keeps me using the real controls, so I stay on track with how the amp is supposed to work. Of course with this amp you will still have to switch between the different models and mess with the tilt eq and all that, so it will not solve the entire problem here.

@Danny Danzi - I love the video :)

@Danny Danzi, I liked a lot your example about girlfriends...is one of the reason why I don´t play better...other one is the beer!! ;) and I´m too old to learn those lessons...:fearscream:

I have to improve my english because this topic is about drives not tone and playing (sorry people!!), and is bigger than my vocabulary, only one thing, we live in a world of technology and all of us are enjoying like child in a cake shop but I think that we are forgetting the playing, I´m not saying playing fast or shredded or hypertechnic I mean playing like the guitar players you pointed out, people with their own personality (AKA "tone")

Is rare to see a good guitar player with a bad sound, IMHO experience in playing use to reward with some experience in achievieng good tone...well...not always...e.g. Vinnie Vincent (love this guy!!), sometimes his tone was like a cat in heat being hit by a truck!!

Well thanks Danny and all of you for your advices, I´m going to mess around with my Ax8...I still have a hundred amps to check...(to finally get the same tone with different settings:confused:) and like nobody else could get...but me!!

danthrax said:
e.g. Vinnie Vincent (love this guy!!), sometimes his tone was like a cat in heat being hit by a truck!!

LOL! That's one of the best things I've read this year! I'll have to use that. Kinda reminds me of Nuno talking about George Lynch's tone. He said "it sounds like cats in a meat grinder" but he meant it in a good way. :D

Good luck with your tone....you will get it, have faith! :)

Good luck with your tone....you will get it, have faith! :)

I´m actually happy with my tone, what I need to improve is my playing skills...and maybe my english...because to many things to try to express but not enough words!! :(

I have tried the compressor settings showed in your video and I highly recomend it because is amazing how different amps gets a nice sustain and how my guitars (Ibanez Jem 77FP which owner was Steve Vai 29 years ago!! and Gibson LP classic) reacts with those settings, both clean or high gain...and I agree with you, the JCM800 mod is one of my goto amp...every day enjoy a lot playing and practicing with this amp using ownhammer greenback IRs

Edit- if you let me check your video reverb block settings I would appreciate it because I love the real room sensation of block reverb you used.

thank you!!! and don´t tell Vinny Vincent about my rare expression about his tone :fearscream::fearscream:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom