AX8 Drives

Yep, don't be too anxious. It's taken as long as a month or more for some of the AX8 updates to catch up.

But sometimes the AX8 updates have some AX8 only goodies included that were not part of the AXE update.

Either way, it has always been worth the wait!

With Q4 being available for just a few months now I'm surprised to see another major version step coming that soon. I wonder what else is happening under the hood.

I have a thread about the Rukus (Riot) going on over in the FX8 forum. In general, that drive is so different from the original to the point of being unusable, even with the deep tweaking that some have recommended. And those that find it acceptable don't have experience with the real pedal.

I know that there was a firmware update maybe a year ago where some of the drives were updated *G3'd" but given all of the recent complaints maybe we'll see some love from the big guy on these. I can hope. :)
Tastes differ...as I posted in that thread (with clip) clean amp and Ruckus us where I live...

kinda new to fractal here. I had the eleven rack and pods before this. didn't like the pod at all. loved my eleven but they have abandoned it seems and lack of global delay and many other reasons I'm wanted an upgrade. really like the way the eleven was so simple with all the controls pretty much following the real hardware.
anyway, my question is about the rat model. the real rat which I have never owned has a cut or filter knob. on the eleven rack the more counter clockwise you turn the more treble you would I get and the more clockwise the more muddy. ax8 does not seem to follow this at all. it seems the tone knob is more generic across all the models? does anyone know if the filter knob has been modeled on this? I'm having a hard time getting this rat to sound like what I'm used to. it may be that since I've never had a real rat that the ax8 models it more accurately and I'm not used to that. any other eleven users have opinions on this?

kinda new to fractal here. I had the eleven rack and pods before this. didn't like the pod at all. loved my eleven but they have abandoned it seems and lack of global delay and many other reasons I'm wanted an upgrade. really like the way the eleven was so simple with all the controls pretty much following the real hardware.
anyway, my question is about the rat model. the real rat which I have never owned has a cut or filter knob. on the eleven rack the more counter clockwise you turn the more treble you would I get and the more clockwise the more muddy. ax8 does not seem to follow this at all. it seems the tone knob is more generic across all the models? does anyone know if the filter knob has been modeled on this? I'm having a hard time getting this rat to sound like what I'm used to. it may be that since I've never had a real rat that the ax8 models it more accurately and I'm not used to that. any other eleven users have opinions on this?
Cliff has stated the correct knobs have been modeled for each pedal. Did you just start turning the knob the otherway?

Yes, the filter knob has been modeled but it works backwards.

I owned an original RAT and it had a Filter knob.

Cliff has stated the correct knobs have been modeled for each pedal. Did you just start turning the knob the otherway?
yes but it still seems different than what I'm used to. but I just saw the answer below that is works backwards. I've got a lot to learn about this unit which is awesome but overwhelming sometimes as well. so many more options than the eleven had. that's good and bad i think. appreciate the replies.

yes but it still seems different than what I'm used to. but I just saw the answer below that is works backwards. I've got a lot to learn about this unit which is awesome but overwhelming sometimes as well. so many more options than the eleven had. that's good and bad i think. appreciate the replies.
My advice: Don't be afraid to dive in and start turning knobs. Don't worry about where you set the knobs. Just use your ears and you'll be happier. Enjoy your new dream machine! :)

Yep. I know to adjust the Low & Hi Cut. Thats actually what I mean. What low & hi cut settings do you use??

These settings make a huge difference and the settings are different for each different overdrive. Are these default settings?

These settings make a huge difference and the settings are different for each different overdrive. Are these default settings?

The drive block will load the settings that match the real world counterpart.
The beauty is we now have control to dial it in more if required.

Back
Top Bottom