AX8 Does Bon Jovi // Dead Or Alive // GoPro Video

PRSfreak4

Power User
Last summer we recorded our concert, three sets, with my GoPros. Something was off with the axis of the earth because I hardly got any solid content like previous years for this event. Here was our warm-up tune for Bon Jovi's Dead Or Alive, mistakes and all, with mediocre sound capture from my GoPro Session 1. The point of course is that I was superbly pleased with the tone that the AX8 nailed using a Mesa amp sim.

If anyone wants the preset I could scrounge it up this weekend. Hope you enjoy, thanks!

Preset attached

Attachments

• Wanted Dead Or Alive.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Great effort man!! Not an easy song to do justice to because it's intricate and some parts are unforgivably noticeable.

I've been hanging for a good Wanted Dead Or Alive preset for my AX8 as I have an ESP Eclipse fitted with a Graph Tech Ghost Pro PIEZO saddle.. so it does the steel string acoustic thing incredibly well, but I just haven't tried it with a decent acoustic-type patch yet.

If you're happy to share, mate that would be awesome! :):D

If you're happy to share, mate that would be awesome! :):D

Yeah man, we definitely did a "good enough" effort on it even when we performed it later that night. I was just mainly happy with the tone trying to do Sammy S justice ;)

Will post the preset when I get in front of my AX8 which I think is this Friday night! Will ping ya when it's posted mate.

Yeah man, we definitely did a "good enough" effort on it even when we performed it later that night. I was just mainly happy with the tone trying to do Sammy S justice ;)

Will post the preset when I get in front of my AX8 which I think is this Friday night! Will ping ya when it's posted mate.

Great work mate! Thanks heaps

Sounds great man, any chance you could share the preset please? My band are covering the same song and it would be good to make proper use of the Ax8 and not resort to the Variax.

You dont have to place gopros that far away. I mount ours sometimes on the light rail above the front of the stage and still get all of the stage. I have a few of the little square one's with the gooseneck clamps. great job btw.

Sounds great man, any chance you could share the preset please? My band are covering the same song and it would be good to make proper use of the Ax8 and not resort to the Variax.

Hey @benson, sure I will see if I can get this posted today. It is only the Sombora tone, the actual acoustic intro is my buddy playing his 12-string. Just wanted to set the record straight. I loved the tone I got from it though, that is mainly why I posted it, just forgot to backup the preset.

@dpeterson yeah it was the only audio capture I had and actually had more GoPros to capture but was 'testing' the Session 4. Wish I did others at the same time. Thanks for the tips!

Here ya go brotha', not sure if it'll translate as well with the Q8 revisions but it should be close. Attached on OP and here, hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• Wanted Dead Or Alive.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom