AX8 discontinued?

Axmaster69

I have my ax8 and all my programs are set but I'm thinking these should retain their value even though their discontinued because it's still doing what it is and always been capable of their in demand. Was fractal not selling enough of them or what? That replacing it with a similar type unit? Any thoughts?

No fractal device has really retained it's value once a new replacement comes out, price always drops. especially one you are stomping on all day and night.

The AX8's have been selling for more than the original cost as of lately.
It is still the most powerful floor modeler available at this time.

Reactions: Ole
i don't think "retain its value" means it sells used for it's new price. anything used will typically be sold for a little less. i think people say this to mean it doesn't usually drop from $2000 value to $100.

I don't think any digital equipment retains its value.
Tell that to TC 2290 owners? :)

There's a u-shaped curve that musical gear follows. The further in time you get, the fewer instances of a thing exist, and as long as it's desirable to enough people, the prices will go up. Of course, prices go down and reach some bottom point before all that happens, but not all things trend towards zero.

Maybe the AX8 will become the Linksys wrt54 of modelers... Many different versions of open source firmware. That would be cool.

Awesome router. When I moved out to the boonies a few years ago, I only had dial-up. A colleague of mine who lived one street over, had a neighbour down the hill from him who had cable Internet service. I used two WRT54 routers with DD-WRT firmware, in bridge mode and high-gain antennas to share the cable service between the three of us. I was getting speeds over 3 Mbps at a distance of 3000+ feet! Much better than 56 kbps! Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom