AX8 Discontinued?

When your old, take public transportation, and play mostly at dive bars with stages where you actually have room that is less than shoulder width, then size and weight EXTREMELY matter......
As far as transporting gear, there are always solutions if one is willing to explore them. And not to be an intelligent horse's hind-end, but how do you play guitar then?

Same here, there's still some dignity to be a musician and we should not be treated as animals, or treat us as kindly as animals to rephrase it.

As far as transporting gear, there are always solutions if one is willing to explore them. And not to be an intelligent horse's hind-end, but how do you play guitar then?

Believe me I know every transportation option and transport device available, having done this for so long.. I'm in a big city and almost no club has parking. I use cabs, uber, busses, trains, etc. I try to carry everything instead of adding EXTRA weight with a dolly or something. Believe me I'm as efficient at this as possible. I don;t know what you man by "how do you play guitar then". I take it out, set up in the allocated space they give us, and then play and enjoy myself. :)

I was talking about the FM3/FC6 combo
Then just take the FM3, doubt you could even fit a Pedaltrain 2 into those squezy places I try to stay away from. Odd that trolleys do not work even in a city, I use those as much as I can as I rather drag things around than cause expensive trips to chiropractor due to back problems. I guess this is a problem with underground trips. Even so a good guitar case, cables and FM3 in the case pocket and a light-weight self-container speaker in the other hand and walking across the city should be doable. Add a light-weight Liquid Foot MIDI controller to the case pocket for more foot switches.

The number of switches vs. size solution is really simple. Put the FM3 on the back line, control with and FC6 and 2, 2-button external switches (which can be placed wherever desired). The statement has been made by those at Fractal Audio that external switches will have the same functionality (save scribble strips and colored LEDs) as the native switches. Presto!!! One has 10 multi-functional switches in footprint that is marginally larger than the FC6 by itself.
True... But then you have NO expression pedals ;)

All one has to do is go through the AX8 Wish List and look at how many boxes the FM3 check off:

Ares Modelling - Check
Tri Chorus - Check
Multi-Compressor - Check
Pitch Block from Axe-Fx III - Check
Ability to name Scenes - Check
Add Scribble Strips - Check

and so on.....

Can you confirm where this was mentioned about the pitch block? I've been searching the forums but I can't seem to find more information. I assume it has 4 channels now but Some people said the 3 has more harmonies a available than the AX8 and that it tracks much better.

Can you confirm where this was mentioned about the pitch block? I've been searching the forums but I can't seem to find more information. I assume it has 4 channels now but Some people said the 3 has more harmonies a available than the AX8 and that it tracks much better.
The Axe-Fx Wiki. Nothing specifically about the Pitch block but it states the FM3 "...features the company’s newest generation of amp modelling, speaker simulation, and effects processor technologies..." and the fact that several comments indicating the effects are from the Axe-Fx III, just fewer instances and possibly fixed quality.

The Axe-Fx Wiki. Nothing specifically about the Pitch block but it states the FM3 "...features the company’s newest generation of amp modelling, speaker simulation, and effects processor technologies..." and the fact that several comments indicating the effects are from the Axe-Fx III, just fewer instances and possibly fixed quality.

Ok I'm hesitant because there's obviously going to be tradeoffs with the lower CPU power in the machine. Pitch requires a butt load of CPU power and is awesome on the three from what I've seen. I'll eat my hat if we get the same thing on the FM3.

Ok I'm hesitant because there's obviously going to be tradeoffs with the lower CPU power in the machine. Pitch requires a butt load of CPU power and is awesome on the three from what I've seen. I'll eat my hat if we get the same thing on the FM3.

Well so far it got the multiband comp
Multi delay. All the reverbs
So i am thinking you may have to eat that hat
Greg ??

Anything "official" per se... no. But, they already cleared their b-stock and judging from the AX8 waitlist automatically moved to the FM3 months ago, you can say it's done. FW wise, I'm hoping for one-last shot, I mean, for the AX8 to be at least on par with the Axe Fx II's final Ares FW update. Only we can hope... :)

I'd wait... Until Cliff himself says 'OK guys we're done with the AX8' you'll never know if he has any last tricks up his sleeve. Remember how many guys over here thought the AFX II was done and then ARES 1.00-.03 came out? The only thing I know is that it's better to be patient and not push too far on the subject as to not spoil anything, good or bad, only time will tell. ;)

Back
Top Bottom