AX8 DI Question

JKM777

Hi All,

I want to set up the ax8 to send a clean DI signal to another channel in logic X while I'm recording using my current patches.

My set up is guitar->pedals (drives etc)->ax8->tascam us1800 (Analogue input) -> Computer

I want to set up the ax8 so that I can monitor/record my current patches, but also take a DI for re-amping if I decide to change anything.

How would I go about setting this up? Can I re-assign output 2 to send a dry signal to the tascam?

Depends on the latency, I would go about a little differently:

guitar->tascam us1800 (Analogue input1) > Computer, (also send an output to) ->pedals (drives etc)->ax8-> tascam us1800 (Analogue input2) -> Computer

cheers guys, i knew about the fx block trick, it just i use the fx bloc within my current patches to control the pedals in a loop, i wondered if there was an easy alternitive. If that is the best way to do it, ill make new recording patches =)

cheers guys, i knew about the fx block trick, it just i use the fx bloc within my current patches to control the pedals in a loop, i wondered if there was an easy alternitive. If that is the best way to do it, ill make new recording patches =)

The I/O mirror Input 1 to Output 2 is the best way to record a DI. Reamping through Return 2 sounds identical (SPDIF) when levels are exactly matched. The alternatives (DI box before the AX8 etc.) don't sound exactly the same, won't match precisely; thus are harder to work with. OTOH, if you already have DI tracks from previous recordings: you can give them new life with a round trip ticket though the AX8.

Back
Top Bottom