AX8 delays when running stereo???

TimMcG1011

Inspired
Question for guys running stereo from AX8. I have some great dotted 1/8 delays that sound great when I run mono. Either an XLR or instrument cable out of one side of the AX8. When I run stereo and send from left and right the delay gets lost almost completely. Tried stereo delays and doesn't really help at all. Can someone explain what's happening here? I'd like to say I know why this happens, but I don't. Thanks

Question for guys running stereo from AX8. I have some great dotted 1/8 delays that sound great when I run mono. Either an XLR or instrument cable out of one side of the AX8. When I run stereo and send from left and right the delay gets lost almost completely. Tried stereo delays and doesn't really help at all. Can someone explain what's happening here? I'd like to say I know why this happens, but I don't. Thanks
Are you using the 2290 model? Which defaults to inverting phase on one side?

In that case if you're sending to something with no panning or into a mono block then you'll get phase cancellation.

Are you using the 2290 model? Which defaults to inverting phase on one side?

In that case if you're sending to something with no panning or into a mono block then you'll get phase cancellation.

Unix guy, yes the 2290. I have delay near end of chain into reverb and then a filter block for a boost. All input = Thru and single send virtually (AX8 chain), but running stereo into an interface or FRFR and the delay was getting lost. When I changed Phase Reverse to Both I get the delays ringing out like they did when running mono. SO...Yes, sounds like it's phase cancellation.

Unix guy, yes the 2290. I have delay near end of chain into reverb and then a filter block for a boost. All input = Thru and single send virtually (AX8 chain), but running stereo into an interface or FRFR and the delay was getting lost. When I changed Phase Reverse to Both I get the delays ringing out like they did when running mono. SO...Yes, sounds like it's phase cancellation.
You could also choose "none", I believe. Glad you figured out out.

If you want to hear the Axe-FX in stereo, you'll need to determine why L & R are being summed.

Which interface are you using? Did you check any input/monitoring pan settings in its mixer/control software (assuming it has that sort of thing)?

Back
Top Bottom