AX8 Default Preset Mode

Heinzi

Inspired
I have one question regarding the "sticky preset" Mode:

Is it possible to set the AX8 into a kind of sticky preset mode by default when turning it on and leave the F2 and F3 in their function as scene, tap tempo and Tuner - so they don´t switch banks and maybe put another function on F1?
So that i can use 1-8- for preset switching and F1-3 for changing functions? (and have no need to switch banks via foot)

Thanks for the help!

I wanted to do the same thing. Based on the advice given here I set up all the switches to be presets and use F1 as scene toggle and F2 as sticky scenes.

Cool thanks for your answer ! How can that be achieved - setting all the switches to be presets?

Once preset mode is engaged, the F2 and F3 are always BANK UP/DOWN switches.
I compared the "EIGHT PRESETS" footswitch mode of another controller at one point (no bank up/down) but thought it was too esoteric to warrant adding.

What you COULD do is assign P1 - P8 to footswitches 1-8 in each of your eight presets within the bank. But of course, at that point, you'll be locked in to ONLY changing presets.

Thanks so much for your quick reply ? But if i assign scenes to F2 i could change the scenes with P1-8, right?

By the way i wouldn´t think of it as too esoteric - I don´t think many people need more than 8 sounds in one song (so there wouldn´t be need for a bank change), but scene change, delay tempo tap and tuner. I think that would help a lot those people who switch from Boss GT8,10,100 or Line 6 to FAS, cause they have this sort of workflow - I think there are the stompbox- and the preset - type of guys, and to be honest I know more of the latter.
Maybe that´s something for a FW Update:)??

I am set up as Matt is suggesting above. It works for me.Have access to 8 presets with 8 scenes each. That's way more than enough options for me. I don't miss the access to the stompboxes because using the scenes accomplishes the same thing just in a better way.

Check out page 33 in the manual to set them as footswitches and then page 76 to make them global. I have them setup globally.
Thank you- I just set up 1-4 Presets and 5-8 scenes so i have 4 Presets with each 4 different scenes and that works great!

Back
Top Bottom