I just got this problem after I delete all my presets and installed the factory ones. Man I feel so frustrated, tried everything, reinstalling firmware about 5 times or more, recovery startup and nothing. Since I can't send my unit to support because of my country, I'm thinking if there's a way to open the unit and reset the memory like the AXE FXII having a battery to keep the settings. I need to clean my ax8 from the factory ones but I can't. Fractal Bot only recognize the unit on recovery mode, also ax8 edit don't recognize the unit.

I saved every penny during a long time to buy my ax8 :(

(Update) Looks like you tried the below if I am reading the above correctly. Time for Fractal Support help.

Try this. From the Fractal Audio Wiki page - https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware#Emergency_boot_recovery

Emergency boot recovery​

AX8 — hold down SHIFT and power the unit on. Hold the button for about 1 second beyond the power up, then release. The unit will now allow you to install firmware using Fractal-Bot

Contact Fractal Audio Support directly. They don’t read every post on the forums, so it’s best to get their help via call or email: support@fractalaudio.com

Even though your unit isn’t under warranty, it is still supported. FAS is great that way. If you’re in Europe, you can also try G66.

Contact Fractal Audio Support directly. They don’t read every post on the forums, so it’s best to get their help via call or email: support@fractalaudio.com

Even though your unit isn’t under warranty, it is still supported. FAS is great that way. If you’re in Europe, you can also try G66.
I already contacted them, do you know how much is a motherboard changing service? I'm afraid if that's the problem it would be so expensive!! :(

I already contacted them, do you know how much is a motherboard changing service? I'm afraid if that's the problem it would be so expensive!! :(
Depending on the cost, it may be time to upgrade. The FM3s are on sale right now.. might be the better option. But to really know, you’d need to let service get a look at it, or at least talk you through checking it.

Back
Top Bottom