AX8 connectivity

Wildwind

Experienced
I posted before and thought it was solved, but it's actually gotten worse.

My AX8 keeps "losing" connection when running AX8 Edit. Not mid-stream. If it works when first turned on, it keeps working. But now almost every time, I have to reboot my PC so AX8 Edit will load and connect. When it chooses not to work, I do not get the "beep" when devices load via USB. And nothing can make it work, short of a reboot. That, fortunately, does work every time. So far anyway. I'm not aware of anything I'm running that might cause this. The machine is not heavily taxed. Mostly office-type apps. No games or other controllers connected. Pretty vanilla.

I did some troubleshooting. BTW, it's a PC running Win 7 Professional. No other problems noted. I've tried other USB ports - no joy. I am running Chrome, as recommended.

Any help? Thanks for any responses.

I posted before and thought it was solved, but it's actually gotten worse.

My AX8 keeps "losing" connection when running AX8 Edit. Not mid-stream. If it works when first turned on, it keeps working. But now almost every time, I have to reboot my PC so AX8 Edit will load and connect. When it chooses not to work, I do not get the "beep" when devices load via USB. And nothing can make it work, short of a reboot. That, fortunately, does work every time. So far anyway. I'm not aware of anything I'm running that might cause this. The machine is not heavily taxed. Mostly office-type apps. No games or other controllers connected. Pretty vanilla.

I did some troubleshooting. BTW, it's a PC running Win 7 Professional. No other problems noted. I've tried other USB ports - no joy. I am running Chrome, as recommended.

Any help? Thanks for any responses.

May be the Chrome issue?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-ii-timeouts-after-few-min-of-use.127898/#post-1520998

Back
Top Bottom