AX8 Compressor Sustainer?

Having used a Boss Compressor / Sustainer in the past I started looking at the Compressors that come with the AX8 but none of them had sustain in it's settings.

My guess is that it's maybe renamed? Is this the case?

If it is...which settings takes care of the sustain?

AFAIK, pedals usually have either a comp or sustain knob (not both), and they essentially do the same thing. This knob usually (if not always) controls the compression threshold (which you can find in the studio compressor in the ax8).

The PEDAL 1 type in the AX8 is comparable to the CS1/2/3.
The COMPression knob is equivalent to the SUSTAIN knob on the Boss pedal.
Release is not sustain. Leave it at the default setting.

When using this effect, I like to increase level before the compressor. One way to do this is to increase the output level of the noise gate on the input block.

When using this effect, I like to increase level before the compressor. One way to do this is to increase the output level of the noise gate on the input block.
I am actually a little surprised by this. I always thought of it as more of a DynaComp style thing. I am also surprised, because I have always disliked the CS3, but I like Pedal Comp 1 quite a bit :)

Yes, I guess you are right. Man has to boost the signal in front of the comp. I got my CS3 for comparisson purposes in front of the AX8 and I can't make comp1 sound anything like the CS3. Probably I have to involve some boosting before and EQing after the comp block and then make it a scene....What do you do when switching the comp off? Do you leave your input boosted?

The Attack Knob of the CS2 which is in the axe pedal comp ?? thanks

Back
Top Bottom