AX8 Cello - Yo Yo M@

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Someone privately asked me to help create an AX8 Cello. I thought I'd share the result here. The "assignment" was to use ADSR to tailor the attack. I decided to also address the cello timbre and created some IRs. I then added a layer of overdriven guitar to give it a really heavy vibe. Here's a short clip.

The biggest challenge is playing with cello-esque vibrato and lines. Hopefully you can do better than I :p
In the end I assigned the ADSR-controlled volume to a momentary footswitch so you can turn this effect off.

Download the preset-cab bundle here:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/misc/Yo-Yo-Mat.syx

Use AX8-Edit to import it. You'll need to save both user cab IRs when prompted.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
YO YO M@

the-rock-fat-suit-central-intelligence-trailer.gif

In retrospect, the action of CS1 should probably be reversed, so you get the crescendo effect only when the pedal is DOWN instead of UP.

Hm. I played cello for several years as a kid, before I got my first guitar. I have a GR-55 cello patch I trot out on occasion, so I definitely have to check this one out. It sounds pretty cool! The trills gave me a chuckle. :)

Put this with fractool to my Axe Fx II, sounds fabulous. But there seems to be no way to save the cabs from the scratchpad to the user cabs. Any advise would be welcome.

Comment added : I confirm, no way to save separately the cab or export it as a block to import it as a user block. FW6.03 with Edit 3.13.0 on Windows 7 Professionnal. The 'save to user cab' screen does not popup at saving the preset. It simply gets saved on the scratchpad and gets lost when switching of the axe fx...

Comment 2 : maybe somebody can post the two cab.syx or push them on axechange ?

Solution : exported the patch with Axe Edit as a bundle, then reimported the bundle; popup screens comes up at saving and managed to save the cello cabs as user cabs....over and done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom